The Kids

When they are older these pics will be a wonderful story to tell

I love the dad-crocks and the little one munching on the fruit. Wonderful shot and great color. Sure have enjoyed looking at these.

When they are older these pics will be a wonderful story to tell

Glad you guys like these shots. As much as I love taking photos of the kids, I’d do anything for a solo photo trip to the coast or really anywhere! These days I work with what I have.... and I have kids! Thanks again guys

@charlie76 I just love the whole set. Not only have you taken some candid memories, but you've managed to do so with some strong compositions that tell a story. Job well done!

Thanks Smoke. Glad you like them

Ur welcome, take loads of kids pics. You look round and the girls will soon be borrowing your high heals and looking for the car keys
I looked round and my daughter was a mum and my g son starts senior school...... now I feel old

One of my favorite things to do when I visit my mom's house is to look at the old black and white photos. One day these little ones will be doing the same, so make sure you take lots for them!

I've looked at this thread several times over the last couple days, and my eye keeps getting drawn back to image 5. The small child on the steps, symbolic of the climb he'll face as he ages just really moved me. Submitted for POTM.

Last edited:
Great set! I too like #5, wondering what is going through his mind as he looks up the stairs.

There was an extensive write up in the UK magazine BLACK + WHITE PHOTOGRAPHY about a photographer who had documented her kids growing up. It was too many years ago for me to remember which issue.

I like that the photos you with which you began this thread were black and white as they cause the viewer to concentrate more on expression and interaction. They will be timeless.

Very nice set. The best thing about hanging out with kids is it allows you be be one for a little while once again. Some day when you're old with nothing more than your memories for entertainment you're going to be extra glad you were able to spend so much time with the kids and captured all those moments. Take as many pics as you can. ;)

Wow, I must say I’m as bit surprised so many folks are enjoying photos of the kids! Regardless, the wife and I are thrilled to share them with you all!

Stay tuned, I’m sure there will be plenty more. We went apple picking Sunday so you’ll probably see a few more soon (if I ever get a chance to work on them)

Last edited:
I hold family photography in high esteem.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back