The ME Super I picked up a little while back

benhasajeep

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Grabbed some cell phone pics of some of the new gear I acquired in the past couple months. Just put fresh batteries in it. Works great.

37127-1508277319-5b75a792090bb5cb06ae0902f7cfe09d.jpg

37128-1508277331-d4f673f712ae532e6be7794f65653631.jpg

37126-1508277309-a6d70c3d148e51229fd735ff049c84ca.jpg

Last edited:
You're missing the autowinder. :345:

If you keep buying Pentax's you will catch up to me. Nice to have the SE model........:headbang:

Not down playing the camera at all, but that strap is really cool! Don’t think those models came with video mode?? Just kidding! Really a different type strap than I’d ever scene, not that I have seen all that many. Hmm. Something new to collect?? Have a rather large collection of cameras I’ve bought mostly at yard sales. Got a few Minolta ‘s for just a few dollars each. Paid $10 for a Highmatic, in very good condition, and couple well used ones for just a few dollars. $3-10.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not down playing the camera at all, but that strap is really cool! Don’t think those models came with video mode?? Just kidding! Really a different type strap than I’d ever scene, not that I have seen all that many. Hmm. Something new to collect?? Have a rather large collection of cameras I’ve bought mostly at yard sales. Got a few Minolta ‘s for just a few dollars each. Paid $10 for a Highmatic, in very good condition, and couple well used ones for just a few dollars. $3-10.

Sorry this is a Pentax group and yes I have
one Pentax 35mm SLR.

That's my new exercise regimen. :aiwebs_016: Burn more calories by not having the autowinder. :allteeth:

You'll actually burn far more calories working to buy AA's and swapping them out all the time. :801:

...or just carrying the winder camera assembly around. Those motor drives are as heavy as the camera.

Great camera. Found mine in a thrift store with winder and 1.4 50mm for $15.
And I like your cool strap!

That's my new exercise regimen. :aiwebs_016: Burn more calories by not having the autowinder. :allteeth:

You'll actually burn far more calories working to buy AA's and swapping them out all the time. :801:

...or just carrying the winder camera assembly around. Those motor drives are as heavy as the camera.

Great camera. Found mine in a thrift store with winder and 1.4 50mm for $15.
And I like your cool strap!

Wow, that's a really good deal.

You can get the Mickey Mouse strap at this site:

:Vintage Disney Mickey Mouse Black & White Camera Neck Strap 1980's Bobby Lee | eBay

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Haven't sprung for the ME Super just yet. I've got a couple of Program Pluses, a Super Program, Spotmatic SPII, and a Spotmatic ES-II.

The ES-II and a Program Plus came to me for the grand sum of $20. Seller stated he put in new batteries and camera's still wouldn't work. Got 'em home, downloaded the manuals, and correctly re-inserted the batteries. Both work like a charm. Love the Pentax SMC Takumar 55 f1.8, and the SMC Takumar 50 f1.7; excellent lenses!

Waiting on snail mail for a NIB Motor Drive A for the Super Programs - Grand total $25 for that one.

:Vintage Disney Mickey Mouse Black & White Camera Neck Strap 1980's Bobby Lee | eBay
Didn't know the strap was worth that much. Could get back about half of what I paid for the camera. hahaha

My dad actually had a similar strap on his Pentax. The camera I learned 35mm slr use on.

Didn't know the strap was worth that much. Could get back about half of what I paid for the camera. hahaha

My dad actually had a similar strap on his Pentax. The camera I learned 35mm slr use on.

Rather neat to remember the days when we were younger. None of my immediate family was into 35mm or professional Photography, but I have there Old point & shoots & my grandmothers box camera. The small black & whites from that old box camera had plenty of clarity and contrast to make nice pictures at like 4 x 5’s.
I am really liking collecting older and vintage cameras. I need a good reference outlet to learn some of the specifics of the different cameras I have and may buy in the future.

Haven't sprung for the ME Super just yet. I've got a couple of Program Pluses, a Super Program, Spotmatic SPII, and a Spotmatic ES-II.

The ES-II and a Program Plus came to me for the grand sum of $20. Seller stated he put in new batteries and camera's still wouldn't work. Got 'em home, downloaded the manuals, and correctly re-inserted the batteries. Both work like a charm. Love the Pentax SMC Takumar 55 f1.8, and the SMC Takumar 50 f1.7; excellent lenses!

Waiting on snail mail for a NIB Motor Drive A for the Super Programs - Grand total $25 for that one.

Neat round of cameras. Do you only collect, or use, Pentax’s??
And do you know a good all around resource for looking up specific’s and history about vintage cameras??

Neat round of cameras. Do you only collect, or use, Pentax’s??
And do you know a good all around resource for looking up specific’s and history about vintage cameras??

I use everything I have. Never have been much of a collector, more an "amasser" of equipment. The Pentaxes are a recent addition when I found the ES-II and the SP-II. The K mounts have more or less, grown a bit. They're great cameras, but I look at them as "throwaways" . Not worth fixing if they break but good with the older lenses. I've been tinkering with the power winders and motor drives for the "Progam" models. The ME-II winders have notoriously weak battery compartment latches.

One of the best sites for the Pentaxes is: Pentax Forum - Camera & Photography Community - PentaxForums.com

They have a pretty good database of all the Pentax models, digital and film.

Most reactions

Back