What's new

The N Word

Kazooie

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 28, 2011
Messages
1,231
Reaction score
138
Location
Alaska
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was actually the result of reverse-lensing, something I've been wanting to do for a while but ever got around to doing. Next time I'll be using a tripod to stabilize and get more in focus.
IMG_1699.jpg

Thoughts?
 
I suppose, but... :greenpbl:
 
What was the goal of this image, so we know what we are looking for?
 
Using a reversing ring can be a very expensive way to get into macrophotography but you will find out immediately, as you already have, that focusing is a PITA. Invest in a two axis (front to back, left to right) focusing rail and you will be amazed at how much fun it can be!

I have been using this one for over 10 years and it works great. I even mount my bellows rig on it so I can fine adjust from side to side

$focusingraill.webp
 
Using a reversing ring can be a very expensive way to get into macrophotography but you will find out immediately, as you already have, that focusing is a PITA. Invest in a two axis (front to back, left to right) focusing rail and you will be amazed at how much fun it can be!

I have been using this one for over 10 years and it works great. I even mount my bellows rig on it so I can fine adjust from side to side

View attachment 6701
I think you meant "inexpensive way".... i am hearing about this focusing rail for the first time!!! how much one will have to pay for that?

Regards :D

Kazooie; Why you focusd on "no"? being rebellious ? ;)
 
It looks identical to the focusing rail I currently use. Its pretty much one of the two common designs sold on ebay, a generic design that almost anyone can use with their own stamp. I think even Adorama puts their stamp on it and sells it as their own rail.

Personally I think for its price point, its one of the best options - there are better, but then you're either looking at Novoflex or Stopshot (motorized) and both of them are expensive options for a rail; good quality but not cheap (though Novoflex stuff can sometimes work its way into fairly cheap prices second hand if you're lucky).
 
Thanks for stopping by! :)

Honestly, the goal was just to try revers lensing. :blush:

Wow, I might just have to get one of the generico rails, thanks! :)

And I'm always a rebel, just kidding. I'm too white to be a thug. :lol:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom