The new iPhone 4g

I love my iPhone 4G for 1 reason: Jailbreaking.

Such a large community overall means a large hacking comunity.

That said, I'm probably jumping ship for Windows Phone 7 when it comes out later this year. I'll be able to use my Zune subscription over 3G, and that's HUGE.

YOU HAVE AN IPHONE 4G!?

ARE YOU SURE YOU DIDNT LEAVE IT IN A BAR IN CALIFORNIA!?

CHECK YOUR POCKETS!

Pfft! Whatever! Nice cover-up attempt, Joseph. I know better. That "A Texan in Baltimore" location is just to throw people off.

Usually people that dont like Iphones are people that cant have em i.e verizon customers but I assure you when they can have em they will come around. It really is an awesome phone.

I'm not part of that camp.

* Internal battery means I can't carry spare for extended trips
* internal battery means planned obsolescence. (I had my Palm 650 for 8 years)
* Limited O/S
* Tied to much to Apple
* Initial cost is more than I think it is worth
* Closes apps when switched
* At least up here, spotty service (I know that's ATT). Its number one role is not a toy, business, web browser,.. it is a PHONE. Hence this was a big deal breaker for me. My iphone buddies tend to loose service in our work building. Meanwhile, I am walking around the datacenter with bluetooth headphones streaming music from Pandora.

btw.. I'm not hating on Apple.. I'm a Mac user. I'm not sold on the iPad thingy for the same reasons.

I got the morphie juice pack for my phone... it's a bit bulky, but it does 2 things... #1, it doubles the battery life, #2, I can charge the juice pack separately and never be without my phone if I need to. As far as the OS limitations, some of them should be fixed with the 4.0 version, which is being released soon.

The phone argument is very valid. If you don't get good enough reception with ATT, then there is no reason in the world to have an iPhone.

I am trying to justify getting a mac... I do music, photography, and am dabbling in video lately... the only three reasons to get a mac!

For business trips though you will need more then a mophi (rated as 1800 mph) will get you. The Iphone is rated at 1550 mph) I have 3 2000 mph batteries for my Droid. Each for like 30 bucks, one mophi juice pack is around 60-80 (Juice pack or juice pack air). Also no OS 4.0 doesn't solve ANY of the limited capabilities of the OS that I hate. (Multitasking doesn't bother me because I jail-broke it) But the whole apple garden thing doesn't sit well with me, also it only plays some formats of media, which is dumb for a media centric phone.

I have 3 2000 mph batteries for my Droid. Each for like 30 bucks,

Can you link me to the batteries you are using? thnx!

I just looked at this thread again for a while, sorry for the late response or if you never get this. But I got them off myGearStore - Cases and Accessories for your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPod nano, Macbook, and More!. I just looked for them and don't see them, it was when the droid first came out. So you may want to look again or maybe they are gone, sorry.

Most reactions

Back