The one that started it all!

Actually, you do care; a lot.

If you didn't care, you would have never taken the time out to defend yourself. Just sayin'.

I'm pretty sure I don't care if that's the picture people see, what I DO care about is people making fun of how I look. 2 different things.
First of all, nobody is making fun of how you look. From what I can see, you're a pretty girl. It's just hard to take anything you say seriously with that expression on your face. I'm done for real this time. :lol: (Unless you post something which requires a reply from me.)

I'm done here.

Somewhere a while back I posted the first photo I took. It was from a Polaroid SX-70. But durned if I can find the scan of it now.

Here was the very first digital photograph I had ever taken, that caused me to drive an interest into photography:
$14733_1180384907781_6767303_n.jpg

This was taken in 2006 on a Canon PowerShot S2IS bridge camera. Back then I didn't even know what the term "bridge" camera was, nor did I know the difference between a point and shoot, bridge, and dSLR. I had no idea what a shutter was, or that an aperture even existed. This camera broke two weeks later, it was bought used, and I went out and bought it's older brother, the S3IS brand new.

These were taken with the S3IS:
$2506_1062265514870_6868224_n.jpg

$14733_1180384667775_3757165_n.jpg

Now I own 14 cameras... 12 of which are vintage film :)

Here was the very first digital photograph I had ever taken, that caused me to drive an interest into photography:
View attachment 40569

This was taken in 2006 on a Canon PowerShot S2IS bridge camera. Back then I didn't even know what the term "bridge" camera was, nor did I know the difference between a point and shoot, bridge, and dSLR. I had no idea what a shutter was, or that an aperture even existed. This camera broke two weeks later, it was bought used, and I went out and bought it's older brother, the S3IS brand new.

These were taken with the S3IS:
View attachment 40570

View attachment 40571

Now I own 14 cameras... 12 of which are vintage film :)

I really, really like the one with the old tire swing. I want to try a film camera really bad. My cousin has one but she lives in Washington and only comes down in the summers. :)

Wow, my first picture? I'm not sure I even know--it would have been sometime in the late 60s, with my grandfather's Brownie. I wonder if I even HAVE any of those pictures anywhere.
I do remember the first picture where I "saw" something and set out to intentionally capture the vision I saw in my head--I've been meaning to try to find that picture lately--if I can find it, I'll scan it and post it. That was probably around 1970 or '71.

I lost most of mine. Have a few first year ones. 69/70 Lost all my work from the 80's and 90's in a flood. Preserve your stuff guys and gals.

Doesn't this forum have any rules regarding personal attacks on members?

* Flaming is not tolerated. Any member who routinely taunts, insults, or engages in any inflammatory, fight-inducing behavior will face banning, and such posts will be edited or removed.

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

The rules are in the FAQ. These two seem to be relevant to this thread.

To answer the original question, and keeping it to First Digital - I found some images from the early 1980s taken with a Digital IR camera, used an $8M supercomputer to process and record the images to slide film. Things have changed over the last 30 years. The Internet got bigger, digital cameras got smaller.

Last edited:
Doesn't this forum have any rules regarding personal attacks on members?

* Flaming is not tolerated. Any member who routinely taunts, insults, or engages in any inflammatory, fight-inducing behavior will face banning, and such posts will be edited or removed.

The entire forum would be banned.

Apologies for being late to the party.

Okay... personal attacks stop NOW! What the OP's (or anyone else's avatar) look like are NOT relevant to any part of this discussion. I can promise you I don't look like the International Harvester logo in real life. Let's keep it polite, professional and relevant please.

"Blue Steel"?

i can't think back far enough to remember the first photo ever...

Most reactions

Back