The one that started it all!

Doesn't this forum have any rules regarding personal attacks on members?

* Flaming is not tolerated. Any member who routinely taunts, insults, or engages in any inflammatory, fight-inducing behavior will face banning, and such posts will be edited or removed.

The entire forum would be banned.

Given the attacks by a small percentage of members on threads posted in the Beginner section, it would be easier to create a user group that is NOT allowed to post in the beginner forum and move repeat offenders to that group.

Doesn't this forum have any rules regarding personal attacks on members?

* Flaming is not tolerated. Any member who routinely taunts, insults, or engages in any inflammatory, fight-inducing behavior will face banning, and such posts will be edited or removed.

The entire forum would be banned.

Given the attacks by a small percentage of members on threads posted in the Beginner section, it would be easier to create a user group that is NOT allowed to post in the beginner forum and move repeat offenders to that group.
By all means, submit a suggestion in the Forum Feedback & Suggestions forum.

I lost most of mine. Have a few first year ones. 69/70 Lost all my work from the 80's and 90's in a flood. Preserve your stuff guys and gals.

I also lost photos in a flood, 5-6 years of professional football, original negatives in sewer water. Unfortunately they were also some of the best years as well.

I lost most of mine. Have a few first year ones. 69/70 Lost all my work from the 80's and 90's in a flood. Preserve your stuff guys and gals.

I also lost photos in a flood, 5-6 years of professional football, original negatives in sewer water. Unfortunately they were also some of the best years as well.
Ouch!

The world's first photograph.

$first-photo.jpg

Your snail and flowerpot shot looks pretty danged impressive by comparison. (And yes, the shot above is in the public domain...)

I really,really,REALLY can NOT figure out why people have attacked a young noob with such vigor. Man, what a huge bunch of "Dickensians"! (tip of the hat to The Big Bang Theory)

Not my first camera, but my first "store-bought" digital camera. Kodak made this one at my request, over 20 years ago. The first Infrared Digital camera that they sold.

It still works- but required tearing down a couple of times.

If you really want a film camera, I and several other members have Given them away on this forum. Post a thread in the Film forum. I still have an entry-level Konica SLR with lens boxed up to send to someone.

The upper part of the frame is the calibration pixels. You get them by writing your own raw convertor, mine was in FORTRAN.

Attachments

• $buds1BMP.JPG
    $buds1BMP.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 91
  • $kodak_front.jpg
    $kodak_front.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 103
  • $F43.jpg
    $F43.jpg
    325.4 KB · Views: 88
  • $kodak_back.jpg
    $kodak_back.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 87

View attachment 40595

Your snail and flowerpot shot looks pretty danged impressive by comparison. (And yes, the shot above is in the public domain...)

I really,really,REALLY can NOT figure out why people have attacked a young noob with such vigor. Man, what a huge bunch of "Dickensians"! (tip of the hat to The Big Bang Theory)

That's the photo enhanced version. Here is the original:

http://www.hrc.utexas.edu/exhibitions/permanent/firstphotograph/process/images/process2_large.jpg

Not my first camera, but my first "store-bought" digital camera. Kodak made this one at my request, over 20 years ago. The first Infrared Digital camera that they sold.

If you really want a film camera, I and several other members have Given them away on this forum. Post a thread in the Film forum. I still have an entry-level Konica SLR with lens boxed up to send to someone.

The upper part of the frame is the calibration pixels. You get them by writing your own raw convertor, mine was in FORTRAN.

Just went back and looked at some notes I had written down. The Kodak DCS-100 was 1.1 MegaPixel and retailed for $13,000.

Is that the same thing?

Wow, my first picture? I'm not sure I even know--it would have been sometime in the late 60s, with my grandfather's Brownie. I wonder if I even HAVE any of those pictures anywhere.
I do remember the first picture where I "saw" something and set out to intentionally capture the vision I saw in my head--I've been meaning to try to find that picture lately--if I can find it, I'll scan it and post it. That was probably around 1970 or '71.

:) I love hearing these stories! I hope you find it, I'm curious to see it now:)

View attachment 40595

I just finished watching that show. :) What is that picture of? lol.

I really like those pictures:) And awesome! I really wanna learn how to use them :)

View attachment 40595

..........)

Actually, that's the oldest known image that was able to be rendered 'fixed'. If memory serves, images had been made before that one, but never survived outside the darkroom.

It's not the first photo I'd ever taken but this was the one that rekindled my interest in photography, taken with some horrible Kodak easyshare 10 years or so ago:

300485_2171993753747_1678690646_n.jpg

Most reactions

Back