The pandemic has made me appreciate photography again!

John Fantastic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Good evening Guys,

I am new to the forum but an oldie in photography. I seldom shoot anymore until the pandemic gave me a lot of time in my hands. :1219:

Initially I was thinking of upgrading my 10 years Canon EOS 750D into a FF Mirrorless camera but as I grow older, I have the tendency to leave the heavy stuff behind. Last January I bought a Huawei P30 pro and my son also has a Samsung s10 and my wife has an iPhone 11 pro and I have noticed that they all take great pictures.

I have no argument against the quality of the IL Cameras but I find them quite bulky and upon my recollection the biggest print that I do is an A3+ (13"x19") print, which most reviews says is within the capability of mobile photography.

Finally I made the decision to go mobile photography and forego buying a mirrorless camera.
Added some Off Camera Flash Accessories and start shooting as avidly as when I was younger.
I will mostly be contributing in the Mobile Photography Section.

Thank you guys for allowing me to join your forum. :1247:

Sincerely

John

Welcome! There's been some shots taken with a mobile phone nominated for picture of the month, so will be good to see more creative shots with a mobile.

I still prefer my bigger camera for morw serious use, but enjoy trying to get the best out of my mobile too.

Welcome to TPF!

Don't just hide in the mobile section, good street/wildlife/nature etc. photography is good, no matter what it was taken on.

Thank you Zombiesniper, I will follow your advice. :)

Welcome! There's been some shots taken with a mobile phone nominated for picture of the month, so will be good to see more creative shots with a mobile.

I still prefer my bigger camera for morw serious use, but enjoy trying to get the best out of my mobile too.

I hope I will come out with decent photos this weekend Tropicalmemories. :)

Most reactions

Back