the pet peeves thread

Sandworms. You hate 'em right?

Obliviots - persons who are oblivious to their surroundings, and oblivious to the fact they are oblivious; usually accompanied by sense of being the center, and sole occupant, of the entire universe

Ohhhhhhhh...yes, "The Oblivious People"....yeah, yeah.....I hear ya there!!!! :confused:

;)

:lol: 10 points.

• "Web 2.0"... what the hell was Web 1.0? Do you have that on CD media that I can install somewhere? When is Web 3.0 coming out???? Loser.

She's likely right.
w're using Internet 1.o right now, the Japs are developing internet 2.0 which is incompatible with current internet. There was an episode on Cranky Geeks about it awhile ago.

cyclists who ride down a non-bike lane road swerving into cars (usually yours) which causes you to swerve into oncoming traffic to avoid hitting them so you lightly tap your to remind them you are there and they flip you off.

NEWSFLASH: I'm trying to save your life dummy but if you want to become roadkill I'll have the person in the passenger's seat of my car open their door just enough to knock you over.

I have so many peeves that it actually peeves me off that I get so peeeved somtimes!! Hah...

Some of them include things like:

*When I buy something and someone gives me my change by throwing it into my hand instead of placing it there!

*When im working in the bar and someone pays me by leaving their money on the bar instead of placing it in my hand - i'm not a begger, im not scraping your money off the bloody table.

*If i open a door for you you bloody well BETTER say thank you because its NOT that hard!

*When im talking to my son, perhaps asking him a question like "What would you like for dinner" and he replies: "WHAT?!" and i have to repeat myself to which he again replies "WHAT?!?!" at which point im about to throttle him! Im like "Its PARDON or What did you say, mum?" NOT "WHAT!?!?!?!?". I don't know why this bothers me, but it does.

*People that, no matter what you're talking about, have always already been there, seen it, bought it, sold it and/or have the t-shirt WAY before you did..

*Drivers who don't say thankyou when you let them pass.

*I get really peeved when im sitting at the bar, at work, eating my dinner or lunch or something or a pack of crisps or whatever and someone takes one of whatever im eating and goes "Ooooh, thats lovely!!!!" like I ASKED THEM TO TOUCH MY FOOD!!! God! I HATE that. Touch my food and i have to throw it away. I can't stand it. I also hate it when someone asks me what im eating or what it tastes like becasue its like they're saying "Can i try some" And the answer is always going to be NO! because i just don't like people touching MY food. The other day i had a bag of these cracker things and someone asked if they could try one and i said no, politely, and they were like "Not even 1???" and im like "no" And they got really offended and then I felt self-concious eating and gave them the bag like "**** you, have them, stop going on about MY food".

I think im really anal about my food. I can't help it. My sister ate half my sandwich once and I couldn't eat the rest. She just picked it up, took a huge bite then commented on it! I'd never do that!!!

If i want you to eat my food, i'll offer it to you! Other than that STFU!

There's loads of peeves but im ranting now.

YAY!

feet and spiders.

other then that,

-The fact our school has 3 principles.
-A teacher at my school who is not allowed by the school board to legally teach grade 12 english because everyone would fail
-loud people
-crying children.

I have so many peeves that it actually peeves me off that I get so peeeved somtimes!! Hah...

Some of them include things like:

This is awesome. I think I've finally found someone in life who has more peeves than I do. We gotta get married, ok? I'll let my wife know it's over.

:lol:

people that drive under the speed limit on single lane highways, then when an overtaking lane becomes available, they speed up making it next to impossible to safely pass without speeding yourself. I politely give them the single finger solute. Is that considered road rage?? Let face it, if people didnt do stupid things on our roads to piss other drivers off, there would be no such things as road rage.

Loosing my Mojo.

Excuse me, but has anyone seen a set of keys laying around?

what irks you?
It irks me when people don't search in forums......

Life's simple Pet Peeves...

:mrgreen:

Here's mine below. The snow reference is because when originally posted, it was March and the idiots were out in full force driving like idiots as if they had completely forgotten what snow was from the week before....

Flash websites drive me crazy. They take so long to load, and are a pain in the you-know-what to navigate around.

I like simple, dead simple for a website. I hate flashy stuff.

People who post full size 10 mp images in forums, especially when they say, "Tell me what you think?"

Sticking with photography, people who categorize cameras as either dSLR or Point and Shoot only. My digital camera is neither of those.

And finally - Snow! No, I do love snow. It's the drivers here in Pennsylvania, where you are expected to..... get snow! We get 18 inches of snow, everyone forgets how to drive in it. If there is snow for 3 days, we are ok, people begin to remember. Then it gets nice for 3 days and dumps snow again. In just 3 days, everyone completely forgets how to drive in the snow!

Ok, one more. The US automotive consumer. I need a new car and I guess I will be stuck with something used. Everything available here is automatic! Automatic transmission, ABS, traction control, stability control, climate control.... Heck, I can't even put my wife's new vehicle in 4wd when there is snow on the roads. The 4wd is automatic. I can't stand being forced to run the AC compressor in 5 degree temperatures because I don't want the HVAC system blowing directly on me. If I want to dehumidify the air, I'll select the AC button myself! I'm not that stupid that I need it to be forced upon me!

Anyone who works in an office environment.

Whenever there's a new pet peeve thread about, I'm having a really hard time thinking about what might be out there that really irks me and I'd call it my "pet peeve".

Honestly, there's nothing there that'd spring to my mind immediately.
And I so wish to SHARE!

But can I?
I can't.

I think that irks me!!! :irked:

Most reactions

Back