What's new

The reason I'm so happy!!!

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
5,787
Reaction score
98
Location
Houston, TX
Well, there are two. 1) I made the top orchestra at my school for this semester :mrgreen:
2) I'll let these speak for themselves ;)

1
Mt.jpg


2
Peabodyforum.jpg


3
Washingtonforum.jpg
 
First Amanda and now you .. I want one too, I want one too!!


Very cool though ... looks like you'll have lots of fun playing with that toy! :D
 
Holy wow those are cool. Could you give a bit more insight into how you did that? I'd love to undestand the technique.
 
Okay Joe, your's beat the heck out of mine. What technique did you use in coloring on these? Congrats on the new filter...now we're gonna go IRaholic on this place :lol: IR plus Vents equals insanity :lmao:
 
The technique:
The first and most important thing; an IR filter. I personally use the Hoya R72 filter.
OK, so after I get the picture on my computer, it has a very very red tone to it, because the D70 senses IR frequencies in on the red spectrum (apparently some are green, too)
For the B&W one, all I did was desaturate, and increase the contrast.
The Orange/brown one was a result of "auto levels" with a tad of tweaking
The dark blue one was the hardest. I played around with the color channel mixer until I had a pleasing color, then brightness and contrast

The rest of you, thanks, and you all need IR filters, too. They're worth the price :mrgreen:
 
Hey Joe.....just killer shots. Very well done. I gotta get one of these filters.
 
Thanks!
Yep, you need one, Chiller
Kelox--unfortunately I'm only there for 1 semester, then I move down. But I do get to play Rite of Spring ;)
 
Beautiful IR shots.
You've really settled on some pleasing tonal contrasts in this set. :)
congrats on your orchestra placement!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom