What's new

The Test of Time

tibrunner

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 22, 2011
Messages
162
Reaction score
15
Location
Vancouver, Washington
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you all think of this sculpture piece?

:uploaded from phone- sorry if pic is too big:

$image-695960470.webp
 
I think there's a great image in there, but I'm not 100% sure that this is it... I really can't put my finger on it, but something doesn't work for me. Yeah, I know... real helpful.
 
It is supposed to be a promotional image for a photo shoot I'm doing next weekend. Just so the models know what to expect.

The image is of a female statue that has seen better days.
 
My only thing is that it has such sharpness in the cracks and broken pieces. But the fade to black around it is so soft. Something there just seems off.
 
It is supposed to be a promotional image for a photo shoot I'm doing next weekend. Just so the models know what to expect.

The image is of a female statue that has seen better days.
I think what's bothering me is the black background; for me it seems to want something lighter.
 
It looks so real, I would have said it was a projection on a real nude, and very beautiful too!
 
Technically you are half right. It is a real nude, but it is just a an hours worth of photoshop texture overlays, dodging and burning, not a projection.

Also, I do agree about the black background being too over powering, the shoot will be with a white backdrop and the photos will eventually be set over a seamless 50% gray.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom