The tree of wisdom

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As you know I am on an owl quest. This pair of Great Horned Owls chilled out in this tree all day yesterday. I though this was a fun shot showing the size difference of male (right) and female owls. I had super tough lighting again and used a stick as a makeshift monopod... Nikon D300, Tamron 200-500 @500mm 1/80th, F8, Iso 400, +2/3 EV. Not that long ago I had never seen and owl and now I see them every morning I go out... Not much to C&C on this one as it is "documentary style" as I call it. Of course comments are welcome..

Pair of great horned owls by krisinct, on Flickr

Very nice!

Okay, so what ARE your owl-stalking tips? Because I've never seen one either, when I was out doing bird photography, and I *know* they are around here somewhere!

Nice capture! Yeah what she said^^^^^?

That's awesome. One time I was walking in downtown Cincinnati and over by the P&G building is a park with some trees and some crazy trellises with vines.

In one of the trees was this giant owl. First and only time I've seen one in the "wild."

Very nice!

Okay, so what ARE your owl-stalking tips? Because I've never seen one either, when I was out doing bird photography, and I *know* they are around here somewhere!

^this!

Ill start a thread later on with some examples of what to look for and a few things I have learned...

CC, documentary or not, this is a great shot. It is not often that you see them in pairs. I never have.

WesternGuy

Most reactions

New Topics

Back