The Wall of OPTIMISM

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Inspired by all of the beautiful Optimists in my life. This is another ongoing project of mine this Summer.

$_MG_9974.jpg$_MG_9982.jpg$_MG_9991.jpg$_MG_9993.jpg$_MG_9995.jpg$_MG_9996.jpg$_MG_9998.jpg$_MG_9817.jpg
Light source is from the one small window in my bedroom. I know they're a bit grainy, but grain has never been something I've disliked.

Good to see you post again Dan. I like these, as usual. A lot of honesty and personality in your shots. :thumbup:

I'd say this is a very optimistic project and I like the photos. They look like a great bunch of young people to spend time with. :D

I'd say this is a very optimistic project and I like the photos. They look like a great bunch of young people to spend time with. :D

Thank you! They really are an amazing group of kids!

I'm in love with these! What kind of project?? I agree with ShooterJ...very honest and filled with personality.

I'm in love with these! What kind of project?? I agree with ShooterJ...very honest and filled with personality.
I want to use this project to inspire others to be optimistic. I was a pessimist for so long until my mentor introduced me to Optimism as a lifestyle, and when he did it completely changed my life for the better. Even one of the boys pictured here was really struggling with it until he moved here and started spending a lot of time with me. I've watched him transform from a very negative person into an extremely optimistic person who is no longer afraid to go for exactly what he wants in life.

I want to use this project to inspire others to be optimistic. I was a pessimist for so long until my mentor introduced me to Optimism as a lifestyle, and when he did it completely changed my life for the better. Even one of the boys pictured here was really struggling with it until he moved here and started spending a lot of time with me. I've watched him transform from a very negative person into an extremely optimistic person who is no longer afraid to go for exactly what he wants in life.

Dan.. I battled that for a time myself, for a lot of reasons. Had some very dark chapters in my life and it was difficult to come out of it.

Much respect to you for taking what's meaningful to you and using that to help others.

I think the guy with the blue shirt and flat cap making the "come hither" eyes doesn't fit the theme IMO.

Love these portraitures. Does not look like window lighting. Looks almost like a small strobe with low power. Good work!

A very cool inspirational project.

I think the guy with the blue shirt and flat cap making the "come hither" eyes doesn't fit the theme IMO.
It's all about personal expression, and that was his.

Love these portraitures. Does not look like window lighting. Looks almost like a small strobe with low power. Good work!
Thank you! I feel that natural light is what I'm best with.

Dan.. I battled that for a time myself, for a lot of reasons. Had some very dark chapters in my life and it was difficult to come out of it.

Much respect to you for taking what's meaningful to you and using that to help others.
I'm glad it resonates with you! Those dark chapters are a struggle, but a struggle to be grateful for. It's cliche to say, but the darker the shadows, the brighter the light.

Photography as a whole resonates with me... some images a lot more than others. You do a great job of capturing PEOPLE, not just portraits. I like that about your work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back