The "What did you get for Christmas" Photography thread

Oh no! I own a Nikkor 28 1.8G now!

This arrived today.

cmw3_d40_000103.JPG

Oh. no. We had a little bit after the tortilla soup. We are not really wine enthusiasts, but I will be enjoying this one.

One of my favorite gifts was Bryan Petersons Close Up Photography. Awesome book.

GAS is flaring bad reading this.

Nikon D750 with both lenses.jpg
Sigma 30mm on A6000.jpg
I had a big photography Christmas. For my Sony A6000 I got a Sigma 30mm f2.8 that is super nice. I got a Nikon D750 with a Vello grip, 24-120 f4, and a 50mm f1.4. So, I'm good to go for photo equipment for the next few years.

Last edited:
A sizable Apple gift card that I put toward a new iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Matte Black.

Rum! I have a very small rum collection which I am trying to expand. Got Flor de Cana 18 Year old rum, and Angostura 7-year-old. Those two bottles are sitting by my other rums I've collected since last Christmas: Mount Gay XO, Appleton 12 Year, El Dorado 12 Year, Bacardi 8 Year, and Lemonhart Spiced.

Socks. Lots of socks. A blender. Snowshoes!

The iPhone was the only photography-related thing.

Oh. no. We had a little bit after the tortilla soup. We are not really wine enthusiasts, but I will be enjoying this one.

I have never once (when I drank), not finished bottle of wine in one sitting and that ranges from Wild Irish Rose to Champipple.

puffy jacket from MEC, tin of Foie Gras, a crap load of chocolates and biscuits, and a few more surprises stuck in the mail.
Nothing photography wise.

I got a 2nd Yongnuo Flash. My Dad also thought he was getting me a new camera bag but clicked on the wrong link on my Amazon wishlist and got me a new gun case instead (which I'm very happy with as well). Everything else I currently want (new FF Canon) or need (new car after mine was totaled in the accident) is way too much for me to ask family to get. I did get some cash from my in-laws which I put with the cash they gave me last year which is going towards one of my wants or needs.

Just got the Nikon 50mm 1.8G in the mail today. I guess I'm building my Nikon set back up. Only buying FX glass this time around...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back