The "What did you get for Christmas" Photography thread

A battery grip with remote shutter release, a macro, flash and a couple gift cards that I bought photo paper with ( Staples had a bogo sale! ).

I got a Nikon D3300 to replace my "injured" Canon T3i
[Only to find out that the Canon wasn't in as rough shape as I originally thought but I've always been a Nikon girl so I'm happy!)

It's here! My Birthday & Christmas present to myself!

Erwin-170103-7504.jpg

A super warm water resistant Camouflage Jacket and a LG Smart phone.

24-70mm F2.8 II.

then to see the good pics I would be taking, got a 4K monitor!

Realized, I don't have a computer to drive the monitor and upgraded my desktop!

Splurged! :) :(

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Grip for the 7D mkII, a new camera bag (Manfrotto pro-lite 3N1 -25), an external HD for more backup, more clamps cause I always seem to be 1 short to hang stuff for photoshoots and batteries to feed my ever hungry flashes.

I think I've finally got my kit to where I'll be happy with it for a while. Except a flash. Other than that, I'm set.

Sigma 18-300mm lens for my Nikon....quite impressed.
How is that? I've always wondered about the tamron/sigma "do it all" lenses. Are they kind of like a swiss army knife? Jack of all trades, master of none?

Sigma 18-300mm lens for my Nikon....quite impressed.
How is that? I've always wondered about the tamron/sigma "do it all" lenses. Are they kind of like a swiss army knife? Jack of all trades, master of none?

Yes, I found it a little difficult to reconcile, but it seems to be delivering...see my thread "Sunburst" for some examples...yet to really put it through its paces. There must be deficiencies, surely?

Most reactions

Back