The worse part about where I live.......

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is the local library. This online database shows just over twenty books on photography. All we're written before the 1980s and they are all on the topics of camera settings or landscapes.

*sigh*

Misery loves company- what's the worst part about where you live?

See if they have the negative by Ansel Adams. Written along time ago, but still a really good read.

There are plenty of anachronisms for today's photographer like be careful not to set anything on fire when using bounce flash lol

The rampant poverty, alcoholism and drug use.

Oh and snow.

For me the worst part is when i can't drink the water. Too much algae. ..

See if they have the negative by Ansel Adams. Written along time ago, but still a really good read.

There are plenty of anachronisms for today's photographer like be careful not to set anything on fire when using bounce flash lol
Just looked, that's a negative. :giggle:

For me the worst part is when i can't drink the water. Too much algae. ..
Yuck. :-/ that's a joke right?

Oh and snow.
You can send some my way! We've just had out first snow since early November! I finally bought snow boots and now it won't snow.

The worst thing about where i live is the pizza, almost everyplace makes greek style pizza. I have to drive 20 minutes for a proper Italian style pie. But we do have barroom pizza, good stuff but you have to go to a barroom to get it, go figure. And as of last week I've been sober 21 years. Just saying that makes me want a drink or 30 and a few bar room pizzas. Sorry, what was the question ?

Oh, the snow. Hate the snow and it hasn't even really snowed yet.

This is terrible. :-(

Fortunately i have a job and can afford to drive 25 miles to get water. They also brought in the national guard and distributed water to people who couldn't do that.

I now treat the tap water lIke oysters, only consume in months that contain a letter R.

I swim in a lake of blue on a red sea.

using tapatalk.

The worst thing about where i live is the pizza, almost everyplace makes greek style pizza. I have to drive 20 minutes for a proper Italian style pie. But we do have barroom pizza, good stuff but you have to go to a barroom to get it, go figure. And as of last week I've been sober 21 years. Just saying that makes me want a drink or 30 and a few bar room pizzas. Sorry, what was the question ?

Oh, the snow. Hate the snow and it hasn't even really snowed yet.
Yes, congratulations!! You could make Italian pizza, but it might take longer than 20 mins. ;-)
I swim in a lake of blue on a red sea.

using tapatalk.

I'm gonna have to ponder (and possibly google) this for a while......

All the libraries I have been in in recent years have sold off their photography books. The librarians of today are just as poorly educated as the rest of the graduates from our universities. We are on the third generation of bad education. The librarians have all bought into the idea that all knowledge will lie somewhere on a thing called the internet. As we are seeing that source is slowly being privatized, which will only accelerate.

To add insult to injury there have now been replicated studies made proving that children who are taught by computer do not learn as well, or as much as those taught with books and real teachers...the fly in that ointment is that 'real' teachers are dying off, and the replacements are all graduates of a bad education. Like it or not you younger people, but the fact is that anyone who came up through the public education system of this country since the 1960's has good grounds to sue there schools for fraud.
Rant mode off....temporarily! ;)

For me, it's probably the expense. NY metro area isn't cheap. And while many people would say the winters, I say the summers. They're murderously humid. Other than that, I'm pretty happy. There's easy access to the economic and cultural opportunities of NYC and just as easy access to beautiful country scenery and nature activities. Now if only the Dodgers would come back to Brooklyn ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back