"Theme" weddings

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've just booked a wedding for October by a couple who are very active in Civil War re-enactments. Hence, they are going to have a civil war themed wedding and everyone will be wearing period clothing, etc. Now, they won't be re-enacting the war at the wedding of course (I hope), just dressed for that era. Just wondering if anyone here has shot such an event and if so what your experience was. Anything special to look out for, etc. I will also be doing their engagement and bridal pics as well. I thought it would add something interesting for the portfolio. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Sounds like fun.

The only thing I can think of would be to look up some old photos and or paintings from that period and have them copy the poses etc. You could even edit the images to look like really old photos or even like paintings...they might get a kick out of that.

I actually witnessed a wedding that took place during a re-encatement in PA. The bride arrived in a hay wagon with all her attendants, she was greeted by the groom and his men. The ceremony seemed pretty normal and simple. You might want to contact some of the re-enactement groups they would be a wealth of information.

Would be good to also try to capture the details of the costumes and the vehicles etc.

I think mysteryscribe shoots civil war reenactments, you might want to PM him.

My only suggestion is to find out what special things they are doing for the wedding. I had a wedding last week where they were very into football and had special things planned. They wanted to keep it a secret from me but the pastor clued me in. If he hadn't I would have missed the shot. Let them know you will keep their secret but need to know anything special planned to fully cover their day.

Hi,

It does sound like a lot of fun - the key I think will be to have as Mike said some period poses. I have just had some done when we were on holiday. I can scan a couple and post if you think it would help.

Cheers,

Allan

Cant believe no one has asked what side they are re-enacting.

o_0

Most reactions

New Topics

Back