There's gold in them thar hills!

UtahsRebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This weekend was peak time for color here in Colorado so we went for our annual color ride. While it was a bit overcast, I still had to snap a few shots.

2897550744_322bcc650f.jpg

2896620651_c86dda1268.jpg

Lovely colour in the first shot but there is something wrong with it that I cannot put my finger on. Really like the second pic.
I agree.. 2nd shot is excellent. On the first one, I kinda wish you'd taken a few steps to the left so that green tree was not included, or at least not have so much of it. Also, judging by some of the other trees, the camera may be a bit tilted to the left. Other that that, great shots! The leaves are just starting to turn here in Toronto, I hope to get out and get some shots too! :)

Thanks for the comments guys. I appreciate them.

Since I couldn't take a step to the left, (without falling off the edge, that is) how is this crop? I also straighten it a bit more.

2898230061_0fa2f7e79e.jpg

Looks pretty good! I hope you don't mind, I took a whack at it also, I rotated a bit more than your last edit, didn't crop the tree, and, just for fun, messed around with the sky and colours:

utahrebel.jpg

Thanks Andrew, I think I like it better with less sky like you did.

the colors are nicer in that one but i like the bigger sky, just me

but i love the second shot

The second pic is great. I was just out shooting fall yesterday but I was unlucky because it was very overcast (what you call overcast is what I call a sunny blue sky).

Very pretty.

I think what Ron is seeing is that the color is a HAIR off and the trees are all tilted slightly to the left, so the shot is probably angled a bit.

I also suspect this was taken with a not-so-wide angle? It feels a little tight.

Regardless, still a nice shot.

Most reactions

Back