They have lost their minds at Nikon

the chinese will have a perfect knock-off soon like two they've sold me for D7000's and the one on my D700.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
hmmmm, don't buy it. simple. What did we do when we didn't have vertical grips (shot without them). Like someone mentioned: give it a few months and the knock offs will be available, price much lower.
-
Shoot well, Joe

He's trying to show the difference in MSRP on the Nikon site vs Amazon which he expects to also be true with the MB-D12

So we should see the MB-D12 on Amazon for around $400. It's still a ridiculous price for a grip, IMO.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
hmmmm, don't buy it. simple. What did we do when we didn't have vertical grips (shot without them). Like someone mentioned: give it a few months and the knock offs will be available, price much lower.
-
Shoot well, Joe

You missed the point.

Actually - my post was in error I thought the unit you were looking for was the MB-D10, realized after you were looking for the 12. I apologize for the confusion, however my intentions were to be helpful.

Not sure they warrant cranky responses.

Store cost for the mbd12 is going to be at around 300$ so yes its going to to sell for 400+-

Actually - my post was in error I thought the unit you were looking for was the MB-D10, realized after you were looking for the 12. I apologize for the confusion, however my intentions were to be helpful.

Understood! No harm done.

Not sure they warrant cranky responses.

Now you're reading into things. My response was simply an attempt to understand what you were trying to say. Trever1t's response does not seem cranky to me either.

For a weather sealed grip?

How is it weather sealed in comparison to MB-D11 and MB-D10? I'm not finding any info on it.

BTW.
B&H is listing it for $450.

For a weather sealed grip?

How is it weather sealed in comparison to MB-D11 and MB-D10? I'm not finding any info on it.

BTW.

I can't compare it to past models as I'm not sure.

Nikon MB-D12 Battery Grip for D800 – Multi Power Battery Pack | Nikon D800

Thanks! From what I'm reading the MB-D10 and MB-D11 are also weather sealed.

BTW.
I noticed that the page pings back to this post

BTW.

I can't compare it to past models as I'm not sure.

Nikon MB-D12 Battery Grip for D800 – Multi Power Battery Pack | Nikon D800

Thanks! From what I'm reading the MB-D10 and MB-D11 are also weather sealed.

BTW.
I noticed that the page pings back to this post

Yeah if they're exactly the same, Nikon is just trying to gain some extra profit. I can see them costing more if they added some extra features to the grip like gps, radio triggers, etc.

Best buy always seems to have good deals on mb-d80 grips, at least compared to my local national camera exchange.

supply and demand will set the price point.

I'm sure the D800 will price will come down too. Same exact sensor as the D4 but so many pixels the FPS and ISO is reduced. Price be down as well as the grip when the newness wears off.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back