They voted - Fire Melissa Click.

I'm astonished that they needed to vote on it.

If she was tenured or under contract or in a faculty union, it might have been required since it's often not a unilateral process to fire a faculty member.

If she was tenured or under contract or in a faculty union, it might have been required since it's often not a unilateral process to fire a faculty member.
Regardless, one hopes in the spirit of the justice of our pioneer ancestors, it was a case of, "March in the guilty bastard!"

Regardless, one hopes in the spirit of the justice of our pioneer ancestors, it was a case of, "March in the guilty bastard!"

It might very well have been, but if I know anything about university administrators, it was certainly couched in the most agonizingly drawn-out, jargon-filled, circular academicspeak you could possibly imagine. The actual discussion was surely 10 times longer than it needed to be and contained about 1,000 times the number of words required.

It might very well have been, but if I know anything about university administrators, it was certainly couched in the most agonizingly drawn-out, jargon-filled, circular academicspeak you could possibly imagine. The actual discussion was surely 10 times longer than it needed to be and contained about 1,000 times the number of words required.
Why say one word when one hundred will do?

Exactly.

Or should I say instead that your cleverly-worded twist on an old folk adage shows that you have indeed understood my point precisely, and within the very same phrasing, you have furthermore so wryly and concisely expressed that you also agree with my assessment of the situation at hand regarding the disgraced member of the esteemed faculty of the University of Missouri.

(I think I might have just sprained something.)

Exactly.

Or should I say instead that your cleverly-worded twist on an old folk adage shows that you have indeed understood my point precisely, and within the very same phrasing, you have furthermore so wryly and concisely expressed that you also agree with my assessment of the situation at hand regarding the disgraced member of the esteemed faculty of the University of Missouri.

(I think I might have just sprained something.)

Ok, so paraphrasing the above I come up with...

Yup.

Lol

Every time I look at the Nov. 9, 2015 frame with Ms. Click in it from the video provided by Mark Schierbecker, I feel like I've been time warped back to the 1960's.

Every time I look at the Nov. 9, 2015 frame with Ms. Click in it from the video provided by Mark Schierbecker, I feel like I've been time warped back to the 1960's.
Putting aside the traditional politics of each role, Ms. Click now represents the establishment, while the student journalist represents the anti-establishment.

Putting aside the traditional politics of each role, Ms. Click now represents the establishment, while the student journalist represents the anti-establishment.

Wouldn't it be nice if people really could set political differences aside and just be nice to one another even if they don't happen to agree with one another?

Lol.. ok, that didn't sound nearly as ludicrous in my head, honest.

Wouldn't it be nice if people really could set political differences aside and just be nice to one another even if they don't happen to agree with one another?

Lol.. ok, that didn't sound nearly as ludicrous in my head, honest.
floyd-facepalm.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back