things that really p*ss me off....

anicole said:
:hug:: :hugs: :hug::

I didn't take any offense at all, Rob! It's the same situation here ... too many 'easy way out' diagnosing going on, for doctors, parents and teachers. Believe me, no one really wants to have 'something wrong' with their child ... but it's all in how you look at it and how you handle it that makes the difference. I could very easily let him run loose like a wild banshee and shrug my shoulders and say "Oh, he can't help it ... he has ADHD." Bull poopie ... the more he learns to process things, the better off he'll be as an adult. The meds aren't a cure all ... it's like any other 'illness' or condition ... I happen to have high blood pressure and a thyroid condition for which I take meds. I am smart enough to know that the pills aren't going to do all the work ... I have to limit salt, sugar, fats, etc. and get off my butt and exercise. Kids with this type of gig have to be taught and learn how to function and do things that are second nature to the rest of us.

He's a great kid. I've often said I was one of the fortunate ones because I don't have a 'normal' kid. I have a fantastic relationship with my child that so many parents don't have because it's a lot of work. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! I have twin nephews that are the most laid back kids that ever lived. They spend a lot of time with us and Cole spends parts of Christmas break and summer with them. My brother and his wife have bags under their eyes when they bring him home!!! :lol: :lmao:
Have some :hug:: back, not enough hugging in this world!

I worked part time for two years in a sure start school as a carer (I have a knack with autistic kids for some bizzare reason), I've seen what some parents have to go through and although I've not got my own kids, it's still pretty emotional to deal with on a daily basis, especially when the "experts" can't be bothered to take the time. http://www.bromley.gov.uk/advice/advice/sure_start_penge.htm

It was the most rewarding job I've ever done, but my goodness was I knackered at the end of the day.

You sound like you're a great mother, I'm surprised you even get the time to post!!

Verbs, :hug:: , that was a HUGE concern I had ... what effect will the meds have on his little bitty body?!?!?! Usually, though, when puberty sets in the meds can go from stimulant to non stimulant or none at all. We're hoping for the 'none at all' option. Interesting side note: One of the doctors, a psychiatrist, was an albino man and Cole, who is completely artless in his tact, had a field day. Three thousand questions and comments!

Rob, the reason I am able to post is I have to get out of the house and have a job to stay sane! And I can't forget a wonderful support system family. Not only that, I have Saturdays with Aprilraven and a new, handy dandy camera! But I miss the little runt when I'm not with him. Go figure.

Though I rarely drink, I have an understanding, however, how people become so bogged down with problems that they become alcoholics, though.

Since you have experience ... wanna job?!? He starts middle school next year and I'm already dreading it!

Raven ... you love him as much as I do ... and keep me from wringing his scrawny little neck!

Where's Calliope and her chime in?!?! I could use some!

Bless you for being the kind of mother you are, Nicole...:hug:: any child would have thrived under your parenting style. :thumbup:

People who go for a group meal and then insist on paying less because they "only" had one glass of wine and a salad. Eat on a different table next time you antisocial meanie. They, if you notice, were the same people who whined about the choice of Chinese/Indian/Italian which has resulted in the whole group ending up at a crap restaurant as well.
:hertz: Remind me not to sit at Rob's table in DC.

:lol:

hey, lets lighten up some, or else come meet me, and lets go hug your son...

crap...i miss mine...

hey, lets talk about why guys are such sh*ts...? how's that conversation??

or better yet, 10 ways a cucumber is better than a man...

#10- with a cucumber, you have no in-laws...
#9- a cucumber can stay hard for a week....
#8- a cucumber wont say, " not another chick flick..."
#7- a cucumber can sleep in the fridge, giving the bed all to you..

any more you can think of????

aprilraven said:
hey, lets lighten up some, or else come meet me, and lets go hug your son...

crap...i miss mine...

hey, lets talk about why guys are such sh*ts...? how's that conversation??

or better yet, 10 ways a cucumber is better than a man...

#10- with a cucumber, you have no in-laws...
#9- a cucumber can stay hard for a week....
#8- a cucumber wont say, " not another chick flick..."
#7- a cucumber can sleep in the fridge, giving the bed all to you..

any more you can think of????

:er:

Oh, so that's your game is it?

25 Reasons Why Beer Is Better Than Women:

You can enjoy a beer all month long
Beer stains wash out
You don't have to wine and dine beer
Your beer will always wait patiently for you in the car while you play baseball
When your beer goes flat, you toss it out
Hangovers go away
A beer label comes off without a fight
Beer is never late
Beer doesn't get jealous when you grab another beer
When you go to a bar, you know you can always pick up a beer
Beer never gets a headache
After you've had a beer, the bottle is still worth 5 cents
A beer won't get upset if you come home and have another beer
If you pour a beer right, you'll always get good head
A beer always goes down easy
You can have more than one beer a night and not feel guilty
You can share a beer with your friends
You always know you're the first one to pop a beer
Beer is always wet
Beer doesn't demand equality
You can have a beer in public
A beer doesn't care when you come
A frigid beer is a good beer
You don't have to wash a beer before it tastes good
If you change beers you don't have to pay alimony

terri said:
any child would have thrived under your parenting style. :thumbup:

Hey Terri ... thanks for the vote of confidence, but I'll be happy to give you our number and you can talk to Cole ... he (along with the other two rugrats, TEEN rugrats, I might add) would probably have an ear full for ya!

I heard Cole grumble once that I was meaner than the octopus lady in The Little Mermaid ... and I was frequently called The Step Monster by the other two!

Parenting ... :crazy:

Raven ... cucumbers: you can toss them out when you're finished and get new ones whenever you want without any legal issues!

Rob said:

You can enjoy a beer all month long
Beer stains wash out
You don't have to wine and dine beer
Your beer will always wait patiently for you in the car while you play baseball
When your beer goes flat, you toss it out
Hangovers go away
Beer is never late
Beer doesn't get jealous when you grab another beer
When you go to a bar, you know you can always pick up a beer
Beer never gets a headache
After you've had a beer, the bottle is still worth 5 cents
A beer won't get upset if you come home and have another beer
If you pour a beer right, you'll always get good head
A beer always goes down easy
You can have more than one beer a night and not feel guilty
You can share a beer with your friends
You always know you're the first one to pop a beer
Beer is always wet
Beer doesn't demand equality
A beer doesn't care when you come
A frigid beer is a good beer
You don't have to wash a beer before it tastes good
If you change beers you don't have to pay alimony

this is killer!!! great rob! i love this..had to laugh on a few...

Rob said:

missed my comments on Rod Stewart and Bon Jovi ... eh?!?

cucumbers can be shaved, and dont give you any flack over it..

cucumbers are a dime a dozen...( oh wait... so are men....)

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. Why do women have breasts? [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A. So men will talk to them.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A husband desperate to end an argument offers to buy is wife a new car.
She curtly declines his offer by saying, "That's not quite what I had in mind."
Frantically he offers her a new house.
Again she rejects his offer, "That's not quite what I had in mind."
Curious, he asks: "What did you have in mind?"
She retorts, "I'd like a divorce."
He answers, "I hadn't planned on spending quite that much."

[/FONT] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q: How can you tell if your wife is dead? [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] A: The sex is the same but the dishes pile up. [/FONT]

Rob said:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q. Why do women have breasts? [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A. So men will talk to them.

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Q: How can you tell if your wife is dead? [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A: The sex is the same but the dishes pile up. [/FONT]

1 st joke...funny... but would be funnier if it wasnt true.. the sad part is when you have to bend at the knees to have the guys eyes meet yours... or tell him, hey buddy, the mouth is up here....

last joke... love it... but i heard it, as in how can you tell your husband is dead ??

sex is the same, but he lasts longer...you get the remote, and the bills stack up!!!

aprilraven said:
1 st joke...funny... but would be funnier if it wasnt true.. the sad part is when you have to bend at the knees to have the guys eyes meet yours... or tell him, hey buddy, the mouth is up here....

last joke... love it... but i heard it, as in how can you tell your husband is dead ??

sex is the same, but he lasts longer...you get the remote, and the bills stack up!!!

:biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back