Thinking about selling my carmera but looking to buy a new camera, ANY IDEAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

koko_be_cool

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Any ideal on what type of new camera I should buy? Looking for a good digital camera! THANK YOU and I am thinking about selling my Sony A77 24.3 MP SLR Camera

They're ALL good. It just depends on whether it's good enough for what you want it to do.

So there is nothing you would recommend ?

Not without any input from your end. Otherwise, it's a tossup between a Vivitar P&S and a D4.

What do you want from a camera? What do you NEED? What is your budget? What are your long-term plans?

I can appreciate that as a new person to photography. Someone here could easily recommend a Canon 5D or 1Dx with 3 L lenses (All top end professional equipment) for someone that doesn't even need or want a XTI (beginner dSLR), or the other way around (although not likely.

It's a matter of what you are wanting to do with the camera and what your needs are. I have only been into dSLR camera for a few months now but really feel like I should have asked better questions and gotten better advise. If I had, I would have gotten a 60D or 7D instead of the T3i that I got.

So there is nothing you would recommend ?

Not without any input from your end. Otherwise, it's a tossup between a Vivitar P&S and a D4.

What do you want from a camera? What do you NEED? What is your budget? What are your long-term plans?

Megapixels
light Weight
good Image quality
Next shot delay
Ease of use
Battery life
ect...

Well, they ALL have megapixels. They're ALL lightweight (in the grand scheme of things). They ALL have 'good' image quality. They ALL have a 'next shot delay'. They ALL are easy to use (once you learn how). And the ALL have a battery life.

WHY are you wanting rid of the Sony? What doesn't it do for you?

Well maybe I should of ask the question like this.. when choosing a camera what do you take in consideration and how do you go about picking one? and if wanting to upgrade from a SLR.. I am kind of new, so I do not know much about cameras or camera's terms... So speak on a beginner level. lol Thanks

Budget
Budget
Budget

I am a Nikon user so any new choice for me would be about improved dynamic range, low ISO capability, compatibility with current lenses etc.

You have an outstanding DSLR in your hands.
If you are wanting to go UP from a DSLR/SLT you are looking at going to Medium Format or Pase One, Mimaya, Hasselblad...
What do you need to upgrade?
You choose a camera by what you need-and it's NOT megapixels in any way shape or form.
Are you printing billboard sized prints to be viewed under a microscope? THEN Megapixels will matter.
Are you printing? How big?
WHAT are you shooting? Weddings? Portraits? Landscape? Wildlife? Journalism? Macro? The list goes on and on and on...
Do you need low light capability? Shoot in the near to dark?
Do you need lightning fast frames per second? Sports or similar?

The Sony A77 is pretty damn amazing and that comes from a dedicated canon shooter. Check out Gary Fong's blog and what he has to say about his switch to Sony. He's almost enough to convince me to switch!

Leica M9 Edition Hermes

Best Buy will be selling two kits: The camera and the 50mm f/1.4 for $25,000. The other kit being the 28mm f/2, 50mm f/.95, 90mm f/2, and the camera. For a low low low introductory price of $50,000.

I'd suggest you opt for the $50,000 one though.

I mean, why not, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back