This or That? Needing a vote of which image to add to my online portfolio.

Apparently e.rose's bleeding edge OS and browser can't display your pages properly. Bummer for her, but it's just one of those issues about being on the cutting edge of whatever Apple has updated things to this month...

Fact is, there are untold of million of people still browsing the web using Internet Explorer--as ancient as IE's Version 6.....truly ancient in browser terms...so, you might as well forget about the bleeding-edgers and just design the most basic site you can, unless your goal is to design for the microscopic segment of Safari users and the even more-limited microscopic segment of that sub-set of users who just happen to have a computer that's a month, maybe a month and a half old.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Amber. And as for making your site 100% Safari-compatible for those few users with the newest of Apple's newest OS flavor of the month? Who cares? Safari is about 4% of browsers in service according to this site. Browser Statistics

For that matter, focus on Windoze if you want to appeal to the majority. W3Counter: Global Web Stats - April 2014

Except that you will be completely cutting out any potential clients who are also Apple users.

Statistically speaking MOST Apple users are using the most up to date software available.

You could also take my word as an Apple employee that most of the people that walk through are doors are running Mavericks and iOS 7... but if you're comfortable "forgetting about the bleeding-edgers" and possibly losing out on clientele because you were too concerned with making sure people stuck in the ice age can access your site, then yeah, sure. Do that. :roll:

I'm not gonna sit here and argue with Derrel, who sees all and knows all apparently, but talk to your brother who can help you.

The best thing to do is to make sure *all* your potential clients are going to be able to access you, so you're not losing on any potential income.

Make sure your site works on FF, Safari, IE, Chrome, on iOS, and on Android.

Why settle, when you can have all your bases covered? Especially if you have access to someone like your brother who can help. :sillysmi: :sexywink:

I just feel like if I threw out an image because I wasn't 100% satisfied witht he technical aspects of it, then I wouldn't have a single picture in my portfolio! lol. I am putting the best of the best up that are within my skill level. Which is still riding the Newb title.

If you're trying to grow a photography business and trying to become a better photographer, then this excuse doesn't hold water, in my opinion. You've gotten a lot of positive response to this photo, which means you're on the right track. There are one or two technical problems you need to fix, and you'd have what you're looking for. If you had just dropped the exposure by around 1/2 to 1 stop, then you'd have gotten what you wanted. The next time you shoot a couple, do this type of shot again, but correctly. Then add that to your portfolio.

Except that you will be completely cutting out any potential clients who are also Apple users.

But aren't they all evil and bent on world domination? I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

You could also take my word as an Apple employee that most of the people that walk through are doors are running Mavericks and iOS 7... but if you're comfortable "forgetting about the bleeding-edgers" and possibly losing out on clientele because you were too concerned with making sure people stuck in the ice age can access your site, then yeah, sure. Do that. :roll:

Well just my 2 cents worth of course but I think your always better off marketing yourself to the widest segment possible when your in business.

I'm not gonna sit here and argue with Derrel, who sees all and knows all apparently, but talk to your brother who can help you.

Well arguing with him is fine, just don't let it degrade to the stage where he pulls out a warhammer and starts singing opera.

Most reactions

Back