No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, 2 flowers and a thistle.
IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0495A.jpg

purple.jpg

The last one bothers me. I can't decide if the reed in the foreground adds or takes away from the shot.

Thanks!

I don't know much about photography but i really like your photos, especially the color.
For the third shot, if i were you, i would shift the camera rightwards a little bit, and make the flower between the reeds. Anyway, it is just my opinion.

C&C per req:

Both 1 & 2 share the same issues: An excess of open space and too much DoF. As well, #1 appears to be about 1/2 stop over-exposed. What I would suggest for images like these is to "zoom in" more, or crop more tightly to the subject, and to shoot with a larger aperture (small 'f number') to render the background more softly and thus, less distracting. I rather like #3, though I think it would be improved if it were to be reshot so that the the left-hand reed were positioned in a way not to overlap the flower.

That aside, they're nice images; keep at it!

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Color and Contrast is very nice in all, i do agree that 2 & 3 are a little busy, but the lighting on 3 is wonderful, i would agree that you should reshoot with the flower between the reeds?

You have a good eye for photos keep going :)

I like shot #1 the best, although the backround is a bit noisy I really like the water droplets on the flower. #2 has too much going on in the shot and dosent focus much on the main subject of the photo. #3 is a nice shot but the left plant and the right plant seem to be in the way.

Nice work, keep up the good stuff man. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back