Till We Meet Again Sweet Sadie Mae

Thank you all for the kind words. @jcdeboever I've never had a pet that enjoyed being in front of the camera as much as she did. Most are timid of lights/camera, and run but not her. I had to close the door to the studio or she would come on set and push her way in front of my subject.

My condolences on the loss of your sweet girl.,, i know how you feel since we just lost our girl on memorial day.. i hope your heart heals and you find comfort in your precious memories,, dogs are family.. and they are never with us long enough.. so sorry RIP beautiful pup..

With heavy hearts I report that on Wednesday afternoon we came home to find our beloved Sadie Mae unresponsive. We rushed her to the Vet but it was to late. There was no warning she had been playing and acting her normal self, we were only gone just a short time. At least she didn’t appear to suffer, it just looked as if she just passed suddenly. Our hearts are breaking, she was the most precious creature we’ve ever known. So well behaved, so smart and loving. She was a well-trained hunter in the field, a Lizard hunter extraordinaire on the deck and a gentle soul in the house that loved everyone. My confidant, my best friend and sidekick always up for whatever I wanted to do, even if it involved dressing her up in crazy outfits for time in front of the camera. She traveled everywhere with us, loved her car rides. Sadie Mae, born August 9, 2012, came to us as a rescue in March of 2017, in the little over 4 years she was with us she captured our hearts as only a Britt can do. RIP my sweet girl, you may be gone from this earth but will never be forgotten we will hold you in our hearts till the day we meet again on the other side. Sorry for all pictures but I just couldn't pick one
I'm so sorry for your loss. How lucky you both were when you rescued her.

Quiet thoughts for you and yours, smoke.

Oh, no - just now seeing this. So sorry to hear about Sadie. She's been such fun to see in your photos, it's clear she was a go with the flow kind of girl.

Condolences, Smoke. ❤

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful best friend. She was a star. You gave her a loving home and a nice life.

My heart goes out to you. Sorry for your loss. I'm going through it also. Hopefully, time will heal.

@Scott Whaley we all encounter it if we have pets. To quote a friend "If love could save them, they'd live forever". My condolences to you as well.

With heavy hearts I report that on Wednesday afternoon we came home to find our beloved Sadie Mae unresponsive. We rushed her to the Vet but it was to late. There was no warning she had been playing and acting her normal self, we were only gone just a short time. At least she didn’t appear to suffer, it just looked as if she just passed suddenly. Our hearts are breaking, she was the most precious creature we’ve ever known. So well behaved, so smart and loving. She was a well-trained hunter in the field, a Lizard hunter extraordinaire on the deck and a gentle soul in the house that loved everyone. My confidant, my best friend and sidekick always up for whatever I wanted to do, even if it involved dressing her up in crazy outfits for time in front of the camera. She traveled everywhere with us, loved her car rides. Sadie Mae, born August 9, 2012, came to us as a rescue in March of 2017, in the little over 4 years she was with us she captured our hearts as only a Britt can do. RIP my sweet girl, you may be gone from this earth but will never be forgotten we will hold you in our hearts till the day we meet again on the other side. Sorry for all pictures but I just couldn't pick one
They put paw prints on our hearts, I know and understand.

Bill so very sorry on the loss of Sadie. She was a pro model and I enjoyed all of her photos.

It's ****ing awful isn't it? I recently lost one of my cats -- she just turned 5 -- just passed in her sleep in her normal spot when I woke up for work.

I lost another 9yo a few years back very similarly to yours. We went out that night -- he was perfectly normal and playing -- but when we got home he starting meowing for us which he never did; He passed in my arms.

I still get VERY upset and angry whenever I talk/think about them...

Aw, sorry to hear that Smoke. Seemed like she had a sweet and patient personality.

It's ****ing awful isn't it? I recently lost one of my cats -- she just turned 5 -- just passed in her sleep in her normal spot when I woke up for work.

I lost another 9yo a few years back very similarly to yours. We went out that night -- he was perfectly normal and playing -- but when we got home he starting meowing for us which he never did; He passed in my arms.

I still get VERY upset and angry whenever I talk/think about them...

Yes that pretty much describes it. We've had several fur kids over the years, their passing was hard but they all lived long lives and there was some warning that the time was near, with Sadie there was neither.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back