tilt shift PP, cc if you dont mind

freeze3kgt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i've given up 90% of my photoshoping because i really suck at it, but i seen faux tilt shift photoshoping and thought it looked awesome in a magazine and thought i'd give it a go.

mainly looking for ideas on how to get a better tilt shift effect using elements 8.

i dont have a good photo to try it on so i was looking through some recent shots and found one that may work

any comments, thoughts, or flames welcome

tiltshift.jpg

doh ... dont know why i didnt add original if anyone wanted to give it a quick go
IMG_2144.jpg

Last edited:
not working for me. The people's legs are blurry, which throws the whole thing off... plus the "plane of focus" is slanted. It should be parallel to the horizon.

plus the "plane of focus" is slanted. It should be parallel to the horizon.

Untrue. The plane of focus can be place anywhere you want it on a TS lens.

You made the people look small, to me. So, I'd say it's a success.

Round 2 looks pretty good I think. :thumbup:

In #2 you have the bush in focus, which diminishes the effect.
Now it looks like shallow DoF that you can achieve with an ordinary lens.

Tilting the plane of focus is about isolating the subject, for that miniature effect.

But with a tilt shift lens you have the ability to do all kinds of things. Why do what a normal lens can do?

In his original image, he isolated the subject. The bush is pretty unimportant to the image. Bringing the bush into focus, brings "sense" to the image.

Tilt miniatures are a play on the mind. You are fooling the mind, going against what it knows and how it expects things to be, such as "the bush is the same distance, so it should be in focus".

Now THAT is interesting reasoning. I like it.

Regardless, I would never put someone's torso, but not legs, in focus... That's a little much.

i just like to bug people with the half in focus half not in focus people :D

thanks soooooo much for all the information

Most reactions

New Topics

Back