Time for a phone

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need a little help with Purchasing a new phone...
I simply cannot decide which to go for,,,
Blackberry Bold
Blackberry Curve 8900
Blackberry Curve 8520

What I'm looking for:

Something that will impress the girlies :)
Internet browsing
Email
WiFi
No need for 3G as uk cannot use 3G anyway...
Can phone
Has full qwerty keyboard
uses Micro SD
GPS / Sat nav
Basically they all fit the brief...
I like the look of the bold most as it is more sleak
But I like the 8900 as it doesn't have 3G thus less battery being used
and i just cant decide between the 8520 which is the same with the exception of the little track ball, the 8520 has an optical track pad instead.

The 8520 doesn' have the gps or satnav though... and with me getting a car soon, it would come in handy if it had gps satnav

im thinking going with the 8900 i think...
The camera ofcourse doesn't matter to me but would be good to have in place of a compact i suppose.

Last edited:
My roommate has a G1, and loves it. The only problem is that T-Mobile in our area sucks, so he doesn't get service at home. But as a testament to how much he likes it, he's looking at unlocking it to go on AT&T without data until some other carrier gets an Android based phone, because he doesn't want anything else.

What I'm looking for:

Internet browsing
Email
WiFi
No need for 3G as uk cannot use 3G anyway...
Can phone
Has full qwerty keyboard
uses Micro SD
GPS / Sat nav
Basically they all fit the brief...
I like the look of the bold most as it is more sleak
But I like the 8900 as it doesn't have 3G thus less battery being used
and i just cant decide between the 8520 which is the same with the exception of the little track ball, the 8520 has an optical track pad instead.

:lmao:

I see that your priorites are properly in order...lol. The ability to actually call people on it is #6...:lmao:

Tbh i wouldn't mind if it couldn't call... Aslong as it had internet... i could download a VoIP application and use that ;')
and yup #1 is priority #2 shud actually be the keyboard then everything else as is :p

+2 for HTC Touch Pro
I have it. Its everything you need in a phone. Also you have an actual GPS antenna in the phone so you dont use data for GPS (good for those without unlimited data plans). Keyboard and everything is great. The 3G can be turned off. I flash custom roms to it and it runs better than my netbook :p

What I'm looking for:

I don't think I'd ever want to go out with a girl that was impressed by a mobile phone. A girl impressed by a 300mm F2.8 IS L lens, now thats another matter !

Just my .02 cents... I got a Blackberry Storm.... Returned it. The ability to access the Internet is extremely overrated on these small screens.. Not only is it a pain to navigate, but there are some (lots) of web pages that just won't load on one of those.. Pic's are extremely small, even on the large screen of a Blackberry, and eventhough you have a full keyboard, it's just difficult...

Unless you need a "Computer" phone, (databases, huge contact lists, etc), I'd stay away from them ... You'll save yourself some bucks, and frustration..

r

Just my .02 cents... I got a Blackberry Storm.... Returned it. The ability to access the Internet is extremely overrated on these small screens.. Not only is it a pain to navigate, but there are some (lots) of web pages that just won't load on one of those.. Pic's are extremely small, even on the large screen of a Blackberry, and eventhough you have a full keyboard, it's just difficult...

Unless you need a "Computer" phone, (databases, huge contact lists, etc), I'd stay away from them ... You'll save yourself some bucks, and frustration..

r

Problem with Blackberry's OS is it's one of the last of the old generation. Apple's OS, Android, and WebOS (Palm Pre) all have significantly better browser. I can't speak for everybody, but I use the internet all the time on my iPhone.

r

Problem with Blackberry's OS is it's one of the last of the old generation. Apple's OS, Android, and WebOS (Palm Pre) all have significantly better browser. I can't speak for everybody, but I use the internet all the time on my iPhone.

That's good to hear ..! Then - my opinion would be to ... stay away from Blackberries specifically !! :lol:

I'm not into the whole Touch screen thing tbh, Far too cliche and the Qwerty keyboard is like the major decider to go blackberry tbh
I was thinking T-mo Sidekick LX but its 3G and is pretty rubbish over all
Mind you, the T-mo G1 is quite smart, but too large and is a 3G

Most reactions

Back