Tips and advice for my car photography side job?

A screw on wide angle lens...:biglaugh:Good luck with your new business!

Lol. Yeah, somehow I think paying clients would expect better quality than something that could be beaten for sharpness by an iPhone.

When I asked what equipment and gear I should use, I wasn't asking as if I had no clue. I know the lenses I would mostly use would be the standard 18-55mm or a wide angle lens, or if I wanted to go on the cheap side, I'd get a screw on wide angle lens, and even occasionally a telephoto lens for different needs. And I know I need a tripod, and a floor tripod, which I have both of those. I was just asking for suggestions - a "What do you use" and "what works best" sort of thing. I know what I would use, but I was just asking for peoples opinions to give me a bigger idea. Man....

Canon 5D MKII
17-40 f/4L
85 f/1.8

I also have the 70-200 f/2.8L IS and the 24-70 f/2.8L which I don't use very often for cars.

Lighting is provided by 5 Speedotron 202VF heads, a Speedotron 1205 pack and a Speedotron 405 pack which are going to be replaced with two 800w/s or one 800w/s and one 1600w/s Dynalite packs or two 1200w/s Profoto Acute packs and a number of heads for each. I use Innovatronix batteries for on location work and photoflex strip boxes. I'm in the process of looking to buy ot build a light panel.

Any questions?

... I know the lenses I would mostly use would be the standard 18-55mm or a wide angle lens, or if I wanted to go on the cheap side....
Ummm, sorry, but an 18-55 is "on the cheap side". To do this on a professional level, you should be able to cover at a minimum ~15 - 200mm at f2.8.

:( I'll never be a professional. I refuse to buy a 16-35 f/2.8.

But I do have a 15 f/2.8 (even if it is a fish eye!) :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back