Tips and advice for my car photography side job?

CamCracker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I would really like to start a side job in car photography, and I need some tips and advice for the whole thing, as I haven't started yet the business yet, but have certainly gotten some amazing car photos. I need to know what gear I should get - lenses, filters, flashes, etc. and the main thing I'm concerned about is how to sell them. I am not a professional, but I'm not an amateur, I would be between them - an advanced amateur. So how much should I charge and for what should I charge for? Also, what website should I use to show the photos and sell them (prints, products, and digital downloads) and I'm not rich, so I can't pay a lot of money per month, so cheap sites, but good ones too, would really help.

Any other tips and advice and suggestions?

Anyone do anything similar and have some advice to tell?

Thank you all.

I need to know what gear I should get - lenses, filters, flashes, etc. .... I am not a professional, but I'm not an amateur, I would be between them - an advanced amateur.

Sort of contradicting, no?

How can you have taken amazing photo's, and yet need advice on what gear to get..?

I would submit thatif you don't know what sort of gear you need, you have a little way to go to become 'advanced'. Why not share some of these photos?

Really difficult to give you any equipment recommendations without knowing your budget. You could spend $5000 or $50,000. As for how/where/what to sell, whatever your clients want; this is NOT normally the sort of work done on spec.

Take some business ed classes and get a better understanding of the business end of a photography business.

The way I see it, you have two major problems:
1) You don't seem to know enough about photography to be starting up a photography business
2) You don't seem to know enough about business to be starting up a business

I don't mean to come across as rude, but it really sounds like you need to think this over a bit more. Starting a successful business out of the blue in a niche field like car photography when you have limited experience in photography and none (by the sounds of it) in business is going to be difficult to say the least.

Put it this way - if you don't know who you're trying to sell your work to, how to sell it or how much to sell it for, then you probably don't have a good base for a business.

I take amazing nude photos.

Most reactions

Back