TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last edited by a moderator:
Calling SPAM on this one.

Seriously? All I did was post an opinion. No one is SPAMMING anyone

Yep, I'd agree with Joe.

If you'd like to post about photography how'about using the galleries rather than posting a randon google docs link

Why’s that? Because this isn’t the “photography beginners forum”. My mistake. Because only an idiot would post that in this particular forum.

Why’s that? Because this isn’t the “photography beginners forum”. My mistake. Because only an idiot would post that in this particular forum.

Jennifer sorry, you're real. You posted a link to an external site. You're new to the forum and this was you're first post. Unfortunately your post fits a pattern of someone trying to pick up more traffic for their site by going to a forum like this, registering a new user and then posting a comment along the lines of; hey check out this website -- link.

As a rule we never hear from them again. Please accept an apology then if you are a beginner and have joined up here in good faith.

If you are sincere and have come here to learn more about your camera and photography we can help. The site you linked to unfortunately does more than just "dumb down" the topic as you noted. It presents a fair amount of false info and if you do want to understand your camera better I'd be happy to help with that. What camera are you using?

Joe

The thing I like about that website is it starts simple and them delves into detail. Sort of a walk before you run approach.

The novice new camera owner is often over whelmed by DOF, Bokeh, shutter or aperture priority and other such terms they will soon be using. This sight presents a rudimentary explanation, then go deeper into the use of these variables.

Hi Jennifer, you have been given valid reasons for the reactions you received - reasons that are in keeping with our guidelines regarding posting here. You agreed to the terms of use when you joined; specifically this one:

* Should it be obvious by your signature or posting style that you are here only to promote your business or product, you may receive a warning or possibly be banned. It is permissible for active, involved members to post links to their personal or business web sites - however, they may not include links that can be perceived as marketing for personal gain or profit (such as linking to your site if you are Amazon affiliate links or similar) from the TPF Community, or taking advantage of TPF's SEO.

If you would like to share your personal experiences or opinions, I invite you to not only expand on them here in the Beginner's Forum, but also in the Articles of Interest forum. We ask that you submit your articles or comments completely here, and not simply link to other web sites.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. In the meantime, I have removed your link.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back