To my fellow Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of you guys get the day off work to vote? Some places consider today a holiday. Anyone watch SNL last night? hahahahah

Not me. In my area, polls are open from 7-7. Guess they figure we can work around it.

I would love to see General Elections be a holiday. Hard to complain about voter turnout when it's impossible for some folks to take or miss any time.

I voted last Thursday

Last edited by a moderator:
What.. in America there isn't a law that states that businesses have to give a certain amount of time to vote? That's weird!

Go and vote :D

WATER???? :confused:

Who's drinking water today?

I absentee voted since I just moved. Today is a holiday for the schools. I assume they're using the for voting.

A lot of people here are taking the day off to vote - or at least half the day. I think it's important to vote and I'm glad so many people are taking part.

No day off, however, all of the local watering-holes are closed until 8pm, after the polls close. :grumpy:
There are some counties up here that the liqour stores and the bars are closed until 10 I think. They are calling it a dry day. I am guessing they don't want anyone to go vote inebriated, thus having an excuse as to why they voted the way they did. We don't want any hanging chad's this year.. :lmao::lol:

Did any of you guys get the day off work to vote? Some places consider today a holiday. Anyone watch SNL last night? hahahahah
I saw part of it. I can't believe how much Tina Fey looks like Palin! Talk about remarkable. She did an awesome job, and talk about funny!:lol:

I figured the lines would be unbelieveably long after work, so I made sure I was there first thing in the morning...and there was still a line! Apparently this is the first time in decades they've seen this in my district. Very encouraging :D

We have a ton of voting districts in my city. Which is odd for such a small city. But oh well. I have never had to wait in line to vote, since I started voting.
But that is awesome that you guys had a line. Congrats for your city!

The liquor stores close here at 7pm. I think you have to plan in advance. I hope they're open today because we are supposed to drink blue and red drinks as the results roll in.

I see I can still register to vote, but only for the presidential election,hmmm

I absentee voted since I just moved. Today is a holiday for the schools. I assume they're using the for voting.

A lot of people here are taking the day off to vote - or at least half the day. I think it's important to vote and I'm glad so many people are taking part.

Wow schools are in session here.. Weird...

How on earth do you vote early?

This was NC first year with the early vote. It's state-by-state decision.

You can write or absentee vote as well.

The liquor stores close here at 7pm. I think you have to plan in advance. I hope they're open today because we are supposed to drink blue and red drinks as the results roll in.

Hahaha an election drinking game.. Thats funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back