To my fellow Americans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that it really matters I live in California Obama gets the vote here by 60% minimum and we're an all or nothing state.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXY_8cJlGMc[/ame]

Watch^

"Are you a de-uhh de"
"Democrat"
"Oh yeah that's right or what about the uh- other one"

I went to vote this morning 5:45am I was on the line for about an hour. I'm happy I did it this morning rather than now.:D

I went to get Blue Curacao for my blue drinks and the liquor store was closed for the election. They won't be open at all today. I'm not used to this, coming from Texas.

Anyway, I am very eager for the exit polls to start posting in about 45 minutes. I'll be watching the results for most of the evening.

I'm so glad to hear so many of you voted today. It's so important.

I cast my vote for Bob Barr. I dont like either of the two parties.

I don't want to start a debate or anything, but I don't understand why people are encouraged to vote. If they don't care enough to vote, how will they care enough to vote smart?? I have a feeling they would just base their vote on who/what their friends vote for, and the incredibly biased commercials they see. =/

Not to mention, Starbucks say they will give people free coffee as an incentive to vote. I know it's just to try to get people to become regular customers, but will people really vote just so they can score a free cup of coffee?? Does anyone think it's incredible that some people value coffee over the next four years of the country they live in?? =/ I'm kinda scared for some people hahaha

I went to get Blue Curacao for my blue drinks and the liquor store was closed for the election.

They do that in Delaware too (used to live there). I thought it was pretty strange - "What? I can't buy beer just because there's an election today?!"

I'm voting for apathy this time around. This will be the first time I didn't vote. I don't really care for either candidate that much...

I've watched the debates and read so many news articles about the election and I still feel like I could know more about the issues. I think the whole thing is so involved, no one can make a fully informed decision. But, it's up to us, as citizens to participate in this election process as best we can. I won't agree with some people's reasons for voting but I'm just glad they're taking the time to make their opinions heard on election day.

As far as Starbucks, I didn't think of it as incentive as much as I thought it was a reward for standing in line for potentially hours. I can't imagine waiting hours to vote only to reap the reward of a tall cup of House Blend.

I think it's funny/sad that some people (mayors, governors, that sort) are running as GOP because they know a lot of people don't know that the GOP is the Republican party.
They think people won't vote for them if they're a Republican, so they're running as GOP instead. The sad part is that it works - apparently a lot of people don't know what GOP means/is.

I had no idea people wouldn't know the GOP and the Republican party are the same thing. That is baffling.

When is a good time to vote? (To avoid lines)

Or has it already passed? =/

When is a good time to vote? (To avoid lines)

Or has it already passed? =/

This year has record voter registration. As I understand it, there are lines everywhere. Luckily, I just moved and was able to absentee vote.

When I lived in Houston, we always had to wait in line because the city was so huge.

I think, if you show up before the polls close, you'll still be allowed to vote, even if you're still waiting in line after closing.

This year has record voter registration. As I understand it, there are lines everywhere. Luckily, I just moved and was able to absentee vote.

When I lived in Houston, we always had to wait in line because the city was so huge.

I think, if you show up before the polls close, you'll still be allowed to vote, even if you're still waiting in line after closing.

Oh thanks. I'm actually still deciding all the stuff I'm going to vote for..Lots of research I still have to do =/

I just voted about 2 hours ago. My 8 year old daughter was really excited as they have been talking about the election and learning what it is in school.

They had a mock election in her class. McCain won.

She came with me to see it all. Not much to see in our area as it is very rural. Two people waiting when I got there. It amazes us to see lines and lines of people on the news. It took me about 1.25 minutes to get through.

They gave my daughter a "I voted" sticker. She was excited about that.

It is difficult with all the "wanting of change" talk in this country, but not being able to vote for change because 95% always votes democrat or republican. If you really want change, we need to get away from the 2 party crap that is our government and vote in a way that would be truely different. But voting that way would be like throwing your vote away because there is no chance of getting away from the 2 party votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back