Today we said goodbye to our Lady Victoria...

I'm so sorry to hear this. Last week, I had to say good-bye to Bagel, my 15-YO Beagle/Basset mix. For 13 years, I got up at 6:00 A.M., showered and took a walk around the park with her. Now, when I get up, I start to begin and then realize she's gone. An ancient partnership lives between a dog and those of us privileged to be loved by a dog, and there is nothing that replaces it. There's a void in my life that only time will soften. I share your grief; in time you will laugh and be warmed by the memory of those goofy things dogs do only when they are completely secure and trusting of a human.

But not yet. My sincere condolences.

"Unitil one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."
Anatole France.

You have my condolences. :pumpformylove: She looks beautiful in this picture!

Of course, you did the right thing by her, but it sure doesn't make it any easier, does it? So sorry.

Thank you all for your kind thoughtful words.. My husband made this beautiful gravesite so she is always near.. thanks again..
_DSC8582 (2).JPG

So sorry to hear this Elizabeth, it's hard to lose a pet, but you did the best thing. Take care.

thank you everyone..

That looks very nice. I hope you're feeling a little better.
thank you.. i am feeling a little better.. it takes time.. but i am looking for a new dobie pup so it helps..

Thank you all for your kind thoughtful words.. My husband made this beautiful gravesite so she is always near.. thanks again..View attachment 244825

Wow, that is beautiful. So poignant too with the wee Doberman looking down at the end. A truly wonderful tribute.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back