Token duck shot, and a squirrel so cute, you'll want to puke

Moodyville-ain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not exactly the hardest bird to capture, but I like the way the suns ray is shining just on the duck.
4154949476_3e56054fc6_o.jpg

About as hard to capture as a moth on a lighbulb, but oh well its just too darn cute

Get ready to say aaaawwww.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

4154186939_3b5b1424ae_b.jpg

I kind of like it better, underexposed except for the duck. I Actually darkened it a bit in PS because I liked it more. I like that the sun is just barely hitting it, but I guess thats just me. I actually waited patiently until the duck swam into a sun ray. I don't have a dedicated telephoto lens. This is on a small pond in the forest surrounded by trees. I would say the pond isn't much more then 10 feet across.

This here is the original lighting
4157102907_0a854b1d21_o.jpg

The squirrel was an after thought. I'm not really worried about that one. I didn't spend that much effort on it. I just walked by it in the forest and said to myself "hey a squirrel" point, click, shoot, and then carried on. I wasn't gonna even post it. I figured I would lighten the mood my being silly, hence the title. But, I guess nobody else got the joke.

To be honest, the first picture, not following rule of thirds, the duck is both out of focus and motion blurred, and the water reflections are not nice but in fact unnatractive and distracting.

For the second picture, overexposed and just not great ligthing, flash + midday sun = not good

nt though, maybe go back out with a faster shutter speed?

and aww?

I appreciate the critique, really. I agree with the squirrel being weird looking. He was just too cute. Critique good or bad is not unwanted.

The critique about the lighting is warranted, and right. Trust me, I'm not offended. If I came across that I was, it was totally unintentional. Everyones opinion is fully warranted, duly noted and fully appreciated. I just disagree that's all. The problem with forums is that true intentions are not always conveyed properly though text. :hug::If I came across as crass, I apologize. Truly not on purpose.

I like the one of the squirrel, very cute, but I would crop the top a bit more.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back