santino

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.artofart.com
I'm on a vegetable trip :D

pomidory.jpg

...and I'll proof it :)
make sure to check out my pepper (if you already haven't :))
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10811

Isn't a tomato a fruit? ;)

Sorry, I had to say it...

The pic is a little dark to me, but you're on the right track. Maybe a less distracting background would help?

I like it a lot. I like the busy kitchen setting/background. This image is very high contrast, which normally i might not like, but it works for me here.

I like the colors here, contrast of the red tomatoes and green bowl. I think a stark background, white or black, would really help make this image stronger.

If the background were more kitchen related - but what do those horse legs want to tell us??????

Other than that, I like the colour and texture of the tomatoes, I should add!

santino said:
thanks!
I'm not sure if the tomatoes are the subject of this pic (probably they are :D), I kinda like the background, didn't want to make "product photography".

I recognize them as tomatoes, but at the same time I think I'm just sort of taking the parts of the image in as shapes of colors. I think it would look less busy enlarged. It's not like it says "kitchen" to me; I just was making assumptions based on my life, that's where I keep my tomatoes. There is a story here, I don't know if anyone but the owner of the tomatoes could ever figure it out, but that's okay with me. I like it on a purely visual level.

Most reactions

Back