Too boring, ideas?

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this one of a small waterfall today. It is a small crop of a much larger and very dull image. Cropped it has much more impact. I still think something is very boring about it.

I was considering maybe opening the crop a bit on the left and top, the black space could be maybe used for a poem or something like that. Other than that the photo kind of does nothing for me.

DSC_1813e.jpg

Hi,

From my point of view, I would never write something on a photo. Not even the date. I think you cropped the photo more than needed. Exposure values should be considered once again. Long exposures make the waterfalls look more beautiful. Like a veil...

Keep trying. You will get better shots..

a longer shutter speed will give the water a softer look, mess around with the shutter speed to change the look.

I actually like the tight crop, but I dont think I'd write anything in the picture. try it out though, it may look nice.

Actually I took about 5 pictures with various settings ranging from 1/30th to 1/2000th (this one), I was going for the frozen water shot not the moving water which I find a bit cliche. Did get other nice shots that day I was just hoping to make something of this one set considering how hard the climb to where I took the photo was. :( Oh well can't win them all.

nah it doesn't work in black and white. Because it's green against an already monochrome water converting to black and white just makes the leaves disappear, even when channel mixing with just green.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back