Too Much Detail??

cardonalj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would you guys think this is entirely too much detail in a person and does it make it look unflattering or not? Personally I like the look. but that's just me.

America's Marine by LJCPhotos, on Flickr

Whoa! I looked at it on your FLickr at large size at All sizes | America's Marine | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and it looks, well, pretty, ummmmm, awful I guess is the word I would use....it just...looks...weird....dude....

I like hyper-realism as much as the next guy, but he looks like he's made of case-hardened metal, and the lips look..."weird"...

Now, in fairness, converted to B&W,and lightened up a bit, this might look okay!!!

I have to agree with Derrel. To be honest, in my opinion it gives new meaning to the word "Unflattering". Sorry, but it does absolutely nothing for me.

I love case-hardened metal....but not this edit. Agree that in B&W and adjusted it might have better appeal.

Np apologies needed. I was going for an unflattering type look in PP. Guess I may have gone a lil overboard with it tho i guess.

I agree it's a little much. If I didn't read your description, i'd think it was just noise from a high iso (1600+) image from a 10 year old dslr.

Whoa! I looked at it on your FLickr at large size at All sizes | America's Marine | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

and it looks, well, pretty, ummmmm, awful I guess is the word I would use....it just...looks...weird....dude....

I like hyper-realism as much as the next guy, but he looks like he's made of case-hardened metal, and the lips look..."weird"...

Now, in fairness, converted to B&W,and lightened up a bit, this might look okay!!!

Maybe with a different color balance as well. His skin tone is a bit purple-ish!

Very interesting! Can I try a black and white wiew?

Also the eye whitening on only the inner whites makes it look like he's cross eyed, except the opposite... so... diverging eyed?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back