Topaz InFocus

Yes.. I want to try it so bad but I am stuck at work Keith! LOL

The car numberplate example looks like its come right out of CSI! ;)

I'll be interested to hear how the "pros" get on with this software as its current price is quite enticing. However I know even with a demo I'm not best suited to testing it not nor to working out if its better than other market options like CS5, lightroom and other noise reduction software that has sharpening codes (eh Neat image).

I'm just too much of a novice with editing in them to bring the best out of the software to make an objective comparison.

Well, the call it "Sharpening" and "Deblurring" tool.

Or you could just shoot the shot in focus in the beginning and save yourself 30 bucks. HAHA

I ran some quick test and it is interesting.

One shot was a full moon and it wasn't very successful, but i would have fallen off my chair if it had made it really sharp. On another image it made a very nice difference. It was a shot of something that just didn't seem sharp, but right on the edge, and on that one, it was amazing. It is one of those, I wish i hadn't been handholding that camera on a cold day especially in old age!

I was interested in the sharpening tool to see how it would compare to the Nik program. With Nik's program I use it for preparing an image for printing. With this sharpening program it appears to be similar to the options in PS. They aren't the same at all.

Especially at the sale price, I will be adding it to my Topaz bundle. And yes, it is a good idea to be in focus to start with; however, it would be interesting to test this with other lens besides top of the line. I might borrow a kit lens from a student and run some test

For some; those who use PS all the time and are very skilled with that program probably can do something similar and with ease; but for me, the plug-ins are very helpful as I don't use PS enough to gain the control I want without hours of re-viewing video tutorials, etc.

Last edited:
there is a 30 day free trial available, try it on your own images would be my suggestions.

Ok, test shot.

Night photo taken with iPhone, so it be noizy and blurries.
Can you see what I did there?

5200278190_b7b9f7b0e1_o.jpg

Or you could just shoot the shot in focus in the beginning and save yourself 30 bucks. HAHA

You never miss focus?

Nothing to the point of the examples they show on the site. Something like that you can tell over the lcd on the back of your camera and reshoot.

You must shoot static objects all the time then, I don't have that luxury - curious to see how real world examples turn out with this.

I downloaded it and ran it, but didn't have much time to tinker around yet.

Well, the call it "Sharpening" and "Deblurring" tool.

Try that program and NIK sharpening, both have 30 day trials. Then you can review them for us. ;)

If only it was always that easy. Even so, a little sharpening seems to be in order when editing/nr is performed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back