Topic of the Day

Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Pelotons.jpg

I wonder if the person who came up with the infamous commercial had to forfeit their holiday bonus:cool-98:

If that is to mean "free exercise" I think it's funny because I'm of the belief that a lot of people waste so much money on gimmicks, etc.

no problems with that commercial whatsoever.

The person who should get fired is the man-hating woman behind the Gillette toxic-masculinity ad which lost the company millions of dollars.

Whats a Peloton...?????

If that is to mean "free exercise" I think it's funny because I'm of the belief that a lot of people waste so much money on gimmicks, etc.

no problems with that commercial whatsoever.

The person who should get fired is the man-hating woman behind the Gillette toxic-masculinity ad which lost the company millions of dollars.

Sorry, I thought the " scandalous " commercial was more well known. It features a rather thin woman getting an exercise bike as a gift ( the company name is Peloton ), and how it changes her life over the next year. In today's over-sensitive culture, there was blowback because apparently it offended some people somehow. The last time I checked, the stock had plummeted. At least it is getting people talking about health and exercise:biglaugh:

it's only scandalous to fat feminists that can't get a husband, let alone anyone to buy them anything.

I'd be ecstatic if my wife bought me a rack, bar, and plates for xmas.

My 2 cents. The people that complain about trivial crap like that have low self esteems and to boost those self esteems they search for "crimes of the feelings" so they can publicly denounce it and have all the other thin skinned cry babies agree with them so they can have at least a false sense of self worth. This PC bs is pathetic and main stream media supports it. Where's Al Bundy when you need him?!

This thread is on thin ice - the picture has nothing to do with feminism or being/not being PC.

Y'all can stop now.

Last edited:
Peloton... will the trade name become a generic? You know in the same way that Thermos became synonymous with vacuum jug? I mean I have never once in my life heard a person say, "We need to stop off at the convenience store because I need to get my vacuum jug full of coffee before we head out to the boat ramp." But something I have heard several times would be something along the lines of , "My wife got me a nice Stanley Thermos for Christmas, because she knows how much I like my hot coffee at work."

Peloton... will the trade name become a generic? You know in the same way that Thermos became synonymous with vacuum jug? I mean I have never once in my life heard a person say, "We need to stop off at the convenience store because I need to get my vacuum jug full of coffee before we head out to the boat ramp." Or , "My wife got me a nice Stanley Thermos for Christmas, because she knows how much I like my hot coffee at work."

Doubtful. Things like Thermos, Kleenex, Xerox became synonymous with the name of the object because they dominated the market very early in the existance of those products. Anyone who made copies did it on a Xerox machine, or blew their noses with tissues that cane out of a box that said Kleenex. They were commonplace products. By the time other brands made inroads, the linguistic association had already been made.

Stationary bikes have been around for years, and the Pelaton brand is hot right now but it does not dominate the market. Nor are they ubiquitous, so much so that people would assume that if you have a bike at home, it must be a Pelaton. They are priced out of a lot of people's range for such equipment, and there are so many other affordable machines that are already in millions of people's homes.

My question was not posed in seriousness.

I still don't know what you are all talking about...................:confused-72:

Sorry, I thought the " scandalous " commercial was more well known. It features a rather thin woman getting an exercise bike as a gift ( the company name is Peloton ), and how it changes her life over the next year.
Oh. I've not seen that commercial.

Nice shot, though I haven't seen the commercial, either.

I've nothing of real value to add, but ... Add "PC" to the generic terms list - IIRC, PC was the model of the early IBM home computers.

There was a fast-food restaurant near my office in the '80s, called "World's Fastest Deli." Their featured sandwiches were named after famous cars: '57 Chevy, Mercedes Gull Wing, etc. If you bought their DeLorean, you got a free Coke. (young'uns: Google John DeLorean)

Most reactions

Back