Torc Waterfall Killarney Ireland...

daithi33

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took this shot late summer of this Waterfall on the ring of Kerry....C&C appreciated as always...

Thanks
daithi

2983349038_dc0cf979f0_o.jpg

The scene is just lovely. How long did you expose for to get the water this silky? Did you apply any filters in order to block out the light and increase exposure time? The result is a very soothing photo, with lots of greens (known to be a soothing colour, and happening to be my favourite, which is, of course, new to everyone here :greenpbl: ;) ) and that silky water. Next time I get myself to Ireland, whenever that may be, I really want to make sure I get to see the Ring of Kerry. I have never been to that part of the west coast, though (Connemara in the fog only).

Hi Corinnna,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. I would definitely recommend Kerry for a visit next time you come to Ireland. There is some fantastic scenery there. I live closer to Connemara myself and know what you mean when you refer to foggy weather :lol:

For this image I used a ND8 Grad filter because it was very bright when it was taken. I closed the lens down to f32 which gave me an exposure of 8 secs to create the water effect.

Had to take the shot a few times though because people were walking in front of the lens smiling for friends etc while they got their photos taken ruining several attempts. I didn't want to have to ask so many people to wait 8 secs before they could get closer to the waterfall so I just had to wait...

I have another in my flickr landscape set from far higher up on the mountain if you want to take a look.

Thanks again,
daithi

The one in your flickr-account is also really good ... and a lot sharper. What was your USM set to? It might be on the brink of oversharp (that other one, not this one here).

Thanks for the comments ski boarder. Here's a sharpened version for you to compare....Never thought of sharpening the first but there you go..Think it's better ?

daithi

3025222838_6cf0a87066_o.jpg

Hi Corinnna,

I just sharpened it up in photoshop by approx 75%.

I see you had a giggle at my photo "missed flight" ;)

Thanks for looking,
daithi

I think that 2nd one you sharpened it too sharp now.. The first one is better, but that first one could use slight sharpen.. Good shot though. I have to get some ND filters..

Thanks very much for the feedback and comments Hoboskye and Lyncca.

daithi

Most reactions

Back