TPF does DC rumor thread...

COOL!
This is the piece of news I was waiting for:
Chase said:
I'm basically certain those dates will work for me, so I'm about ready to call those dates "official".
Now we can go look at flight plans, fares, car rental prices, accomodation ... all the necessary that requires a bit of long-term planning from this far.

OK, so I can't really discern what the dates are. Is it the 7th-9th of April? I also may be able to pick a couple people up from BWI if you want to fly there, as I'll be in Baltimore.

Let me know, and as it gets closer, I'll be able to finalize some things in my schedule :)

Yes, the dates I'm planning for are April 7th-9th (Friday through Sunday), I may even try to come in a day early to get things organized.

I'm also looking into group rate options for hotels, should have more info soon.

Sorry to be so late in getting into this thread. Assuming I have a) quit my job or b) been fired, I'll still be living in DC so I will be there.

Like Joe said, I can probably get a few folks from the airport if you need.

As for airports: National (DCA) is on the Metro (yellow and blue line), so you can just walk to the Metro and take it to your hotel (assuming you are staying at a hotel on the Metro). Dullas (IAD) is way far from DC (OK, only about 1/2 hour), and I think there might be shuttles, but it's far. Marshall (BWI) is on the MARC line (which is a train service between Baltimore and northern Virginia), so again, you can take the MARC to Union Station in DC and hop on the Metro. I live right near MD, so as I said, I'd also be happy to pick up some folks from the airports (BWI or DCA, I'd prefer not IAD, but if you must fly in...).

As far as neighborhoods, let me know if you are concerned. Georgetown is great, but it's a hike to the Metro and a pretty expensive area. Dupont Circle is safe, clean, a little pricey, has lots of restaurants. It's also the Greenwich Villiage of DC, if ya' know what I mean. Adams Morgan is also very nice, but again, it's a hike to the Metro--but they have awesome Ethiopian restaurants! There are a ton of other places as well...like I said, PM me or post here and I'll be happy to help. Also, don't ignore MD. Parts of Prince Georges and Montgromery Counties are on the Metro. Likewise for northern VA. For those driving, Baltimore and inbetween really aren't all that far (Balto is about 45 minutes north of DC--and it's a straight line on I-95.

Anyway, I think that that is all for now. I'm excited!

Chase said:
Yes, the dates I'm planning for are April 7th-9th (Friday through Sunday....

So are we safe to start booking flights right now for any time around those dates?

LaFoto said:
So are we safe to start booking flights right now for any time around those dates?
I think so. It seems to be what's working best for everyone. I want to do that soon, myself! :D

Also - we're waiting to hear back from a certain member ;) who is checking in on hotel rates for us, so we can get as many of us to stay in the same place as possible.

Yes, we are planning a DC invasion by TPF! :goodvibe:

Okay, guys - I've stickied the thread, cause we're making April 7th - 9th the OFFICIAL TPF DC MEETUP dates!

:cheer:

Spread the word! Check here often for updates on hotels and meetup times/places! :D

errant_star said:
How long of a drive do you think that would be Raymond?
That is what I was wondering. I would love to swing this meet. Im gonna check some stuff out too.

Chiller said:
That is what I was wondering. I would love to swing this meet. Im gonna check some stuff out too.
Do it, Carl!! We'll have a blast! :D

Right-o.
Flights are booked!
Yuppieh!

OK, so can I get a recap? Who's definite?

Here's what I got so far:

Jo Cose (that's me!!)
LaFoto and Lederhosen Hubby
Chase

jocose said:
Lederhosen Hubby

:biglaugh:

NEVER let him hear that! NEVER EVER! Will you?

(And this is all subject to my mother-in-law making it for so long and hopefully longer... but she is very sick)

LaFoto said:
:biglaugh:

NEVER let him hear that! NEVER EVER! Will you?

(And this is all subject to my mother-in-law making it for so long and hopefully longer... but she is very sick)

mum's the word, and I do hope she is OK!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back