What's new

TPF need your opinion - CC on first cinemagraph

Wanted to try something different with water and had a bit of a tricky time with this. This consisted of about 23 frames. Another tricky part was the reflection on his chin, I wanted it to shimmer in sync with the water but just decided to include that part as a still.

Still need some practice :D



5778902595_d542a92cc8_o.gif
 
wow, very cool work.
 
Thanks :D
 
5804768785_ec849b014d_o.gif
 
Wow. This is turning out to be something VERY interesting to me! So, I still dont't quite understand, though. The still part is a single frame of the film, then the moving part is just masked out of each of the other frames, ran together as a video, and placed over the original frame/photo? I wish there was a way to get rid of the video noise.

Mark
 
The still part is a single frame of the film, then the moving part is just masked out of each of the other frames, ran together as a video, and placed over the original frame/photo? I wish there was a way to get rid of the video noise.

Yeah that's the idea Mark. You can easily do it in Sony Vegas. You can also do a transparent layer in photoshop but you're still going to need an video editing software so I figured I cut a step and do all the masking in Vegas. After masking I then take each frame then I edit and convert to Gif in photoshop.

As far as the noise it's unfortunate that we're in the mercy of photoshop's compression when converting to gif. What's funny is that my other two PC's don't detect the noise, however this one I'm on right now does. If I convert it to another video format in 1080..noise gone. Gifs don't do it justice.
 
I use Premiere Pro, so I'm sure I could do it if I only had an idea to use it with. :wink:

Mark
 
Mark maybe you can take this to the next level with your macros. I actually want to try this for the first time with clients this weekend's shoot. I'm not going to mention anything to the clients yet and run a pilot until I know I can deliver.
 
Amazing work!!! I'm loving the ping pong shot......lol POST MORE!!!
 
LOL thanks Mish! :D I have some more I have to edit and I'll post
 
6275462712_5e7c5e6567_o.gif
 
Hindsight

6275780952_9ccee9efc9_o.gif
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom