What's new

Tractor Sunrise

Abby Rose

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 17, 2010
Messages
642
Reaction score
2
Location
Michigan!
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I forgot to put it in the title, but I would also like CC on these. I wanted to put these in my CC thread with the fence chain and the sunrise, but it would have been way too many. So I took the tractor ones out and made a separate thread. :er: I hope thats ok. I promise, I wont post any more threads today. :)

Anyway, here they are

1
4564025252_ae85fbe88d_b.jpg


2
4563296239_94970993f9_b.jpg


3
4563395933_4885032388_b.jpg
 
Last edited:
Photo 1 feels unbalanced, compositionwise. You obviously couldn't decide for either the lovely sunrise morning sky OR the tractor and tried to put it all in there - and it doesn't really work. The bottom HALF (one half ... never good to divide a photo into two equal halves!) is all silhouettes and such, and the total top half is just sky. Admittedly, the sky was quite beautiful on that morning, but ... like I said. You apparently tried to capture it all, and it doesn't work.

The chain photo is quite nice, what with that chain cutting a diagonal line through your photo, but to me it doesn't really tell that much of a story, either, I'm afraid.

And the last... is too busy by far, I should say. If you tried to capture "work", "motion", "action" ... you're not quite meeting your goal, to my mind, as he's just too close with his tractor. Too much filling your frame here.
 
I would have like to see the whole tractor. In all of the photos you only see bits of the tractor.

1. Would be a lot better if we could see the whole tractor either from a side view or straight on, But the sunrise looks great!

2. Does nothing for me, honestly there is to much going on. Its hard to tell that there is tractor in the background when you have lines going through it, and its almost completely black.

3. There is a weird reflection in going on in the picture, left center.
 
Thanks guys!

The reflection in the last one is I think a shaft of light hitting a fogged up part on the window.

I couldnt get the whole tractor, because of the fence in front of it. :( It was parked right up against it.

Happily, my neighbor just got a few new tractors that they dont mind me taking pictures of, so I can try again! :)
 
#1 works for me cause the truck here just becomes part of the landscape. The horizontal side mirror bars and antenna imitate tree branches. The truck is roughly the same height as the tree, but you read it as being closer because you know the scale of a truck in relation to a tree. This to me adds perceived depth in a relatively flat black silhouette, and makes the shot stand out for me.

#2 and #3, I agree with the comments above. Hard to describe how i feel about them.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom