Traveling Jan-March.... but where?

bc_steve

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.stevedinicol.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Thinking of going on a trip this winter, for a month or two. Just thinking about a destination. I really want to go somewhere photogenic.

I've been to Central America three times, southeast Asia, China, Nepal, India, Australia and I've done a little but of travel in Canada and the States.

Kinda leaning towards going back to India or Indonesia? Or South America? Or "other" ...

Who else travels and where do you like to go?

India! Of all the places I've been (and I'm only missing Antarctica from the 'Continents, collect the whole set' game) that is the one place I could go back to a hundred times.

I just sit around and dream of traveling; I rarely get to actually do it.
Right now, the places at the top of my list are Ireland, Panama, the Azores and Belize.
All of those except Belize are because those places are tied to my family somehow. My father's side was almost entirely Irish and my mother's side had some Scot-Irish. Some of my family have already been to Ireland and found the church where my great-grandparents were married, the "house" they lived in (though it's just a shell of a house now), and--more interestingly--some relatives on my dad's side. So, I'd really like to go while we still have that kind of connection.
Panama and the Azores are both places that my grandfather lived and worked for many years in the 40s and 50s; I have a lot of his old slides and photos and would love to see some of those places today.
Belize has just always interested me.

It's such a diverse country, I feel like I barely scratched the surface last time. You could visit a hundred times and still want to see more. Maybe it's an obvious decision!

I just sit around and dream of traveling; I rarely get to actually do it.
Right now, the places at the top of my list are Ireland, Panama, the Azores and Belize.
All of those except Belize are because those places are tied to my family somehow. My father's side was almost entirely Irish and my mother's side had some Scot-Irish. Some of my family have already been to Ireland and found the church where my great-grandparents were married, the "house" they lived in (though it's just a shell of a house now), and--more interestingly--some relatives on my dad's side. So, I'd really like to go while we still have that kind of connection.
Panama and the Azores are both places that my grandfather lived and worked for many years in the 40s and 50s; I have a lot of his old slides and photos and would love to see some of those places today.
Belize has just always interested me.

I've been to Belize briefly. First impression was my surprise at all the country music. I was kind of expecting reggae!

If you are into diving/snorkelling, Belize is one of the best places around! Also the sweet and sour lobster I had at a Chinese restaurant in Belize City was pretty good :)

Maine is awesome in January. ;)

I've always wanted to go to the Scandinavian countries but I haven't really traveled much here either. Alaska and the southwest are at the top if my list.

It's such a diverse country, I feel like I barely scratched the surface last time. You could visit a hundred times and still want to see more. Maybe it's an obvious decision!

Let me know what flight; I'll meet you at YVR!

Maine is awesome in January. ;)

I've always wanted to go to the Scandinavian countries but I haven't really traveled much here either. Alaska and the southwest are at the top if my list.
The scenery is, but the people... Whew! I hear there's this character named Runnah that lives down there'bouts... what a piece of work!

:greenpbl:

What, no Europe? The Croatian coast is ridiculously photogenic. And this is my totally biased opinion, but Portugal is gorgeous :)

Again, Europe?

Didn't see Africa in your list. I just got back from a safari in Kenya and would recommend it as a must do.

Morocco does look pretty amazing!

Didn't see Africa in your list. I just got back from a safari in Kenya and would recommend it as a must do.

I had a flight to Nairobi in 2008 but it was canceled by the airline because there was a lot of violence following an election. Definitely worth looking into again though...

What, no Europe? The Croatian coast is ridiculously photogenic. And this is my totally biased opinion, but Portugal is gorgeous :)

Again, Europe?

Never been there but I would like to go. My time off is always in the winter and I thought it would be a bad time to go?

Let me know what flight; I'll meet you at YVR!

I'll do that!

You would not be disappointed if you chose Indonesia. I had a blast visiting there.

I have never been able to travel like I wanted to. However, the wife and I are seriously looking at taking a trip to Europe sometime late next year. But the one place I have always wanted to visit is Japan.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back