Tried to become a Chef - Photo was better than the food.

Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lets just say, those who tasted the food aren't on speaking terms anymore! :ambivalence:

40964834072_44314ddc12_b.jpg

I know my limitations as well, I can't cook a lick. My photography is not far behind but I'm working on it.

You have raw meat touching your vegetables! Let’s just hope Gordon Ramsey doesn’t see this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be on speaking terms with a chef who puts raw chicken in contact with veg either. Nice photo. Sketchy food safety.

Nice colourful shot, will let you eat it though after seeing the meat and veg together.

Lovely, vibrant colors and nice layout.

Thanks Jeff! You're invited for dinner. :345:

But I think we can all agree that Jeff should politely decline the invitation.

Thanks all, whats up with the raw meat touching veggies though? Never knew that was an issue, especially since all of them were going into the same pot.

What were you attempting to cook?
Chicken fried rice.. It didn't look pretty! haha..
Lovely, vibrant colors and nice layout.

But I think we can all agree that Jeff should politely decline the invitation.
Even I would agree to that! lol..

The issue is called "cross-contamination". Chicken carries bad bacteria that reproduce rapidly at temperatures between the refrigerator and the cooking pot. Care must be taken to make sure those bacteria can't reach foods that can be consumed raw. The bacteria can be transferred by direct contact, or via an unwashed cutting board/knife/hands/countertop/etc. In my kitchen, poultry only gets cut on non-porous plastic boards, and nothing else goes on that board after chicken until it gets washed.

Because different ingredients need different temperatures and cooking times to cook properly, it's often a good idea to cook the elements of a dish like stir fry separately, then combine them at the end. Even though it's all ending up in the same dish, some ingredients added at the end may not reach the safe temperature for chicken, and so should not have been cross-contaminated by the raw chicken before cooking.

Link to US Department of Agriculture information on chicken food safety:
https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/wcm/c...71/Chicken_from_Farm_to_Table.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Most reactions

New Topics

Back