ph0toe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please critique.

I took a plethora of photos, but chose the best out of the batch. still very new and an amateur. I mostly shot manual mode adjusting the exposure to get a proper exposure. i would sometimes play with AV and TV menus to try and get the bokeh effect and also shot up my shutter speed for the frozen effect.

let me know if my composition needs work? advice and suggestion/feedback ALL VERY WELCOMED

1nRKPKH.jpg

JYgiL3f.jpg

rXRlzQo.jpg

rXgjNJJ.jpg

f2p4wkq.jpg

Uepu6eh.jpg

wUGlXIZ.jpg

kkO7W6k.jpg

ErZRGRR.jpg

V3XMjJT.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad, some are more out of focus than others and composition could use a little work. The statue for instance would've looked better close up to show some detail and maybe left the people/shiny bald spots out of the pic. My favorite is bunny! Keep practicing, you'll get better.

lol @ bald shiny head. Maybe that was what i was aiming for :) jk.

Thanks, will note your feedback !

what could i have changed in composition?

I would worry less about composition at this point and focus on how to get a clean image of a subject first.

Image 1.
Not in focus, composition doesn't matter but it could us a level horizon. If possible zoom out/ move back to get more of the ground. Move more to the right to center the bridge so it doesn't look like it's leaning.

Image 2.
Not in focus

Image 3.
Not in focus. Was the bird the subject or just get in the way?

Image 4.
Not in focus.

Image 5.
In focus. Not clear why the sign is the subject. Poles are leaning.

Image 6.
In focus. Nothing level or straight.

Image 7.
Not in focus.

Image 8.
In focus out of level

Image 9.
Out of focus.

Image 10.
Out of focus.

Normally I would not post like this but you have the below quote a couple of times and have argued that you can fix it all in post and then worried about being an expert.

so for someone who understand the basic fundamentals of photography aperture, shutter speed and iso

Your best efforts right now would be well served to start practicing the basics as you do not understand them. Just reading up on it alone will not aid you in taking better pictures. Practicing is also required.
I would suggest starting with focusing. Do this in a program mode of the camera.
Once you can consistently take a sharp image, then worry about getting good exposure.
Next you can work on the artistic aspects of photography such as what makes an interesting subject, rules of composition etc.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back