Tripod Alternatives?

And I forgot that another tip is to also hold your breath while holding the camera close to your body.

Thats a bad idea. When you hold your breath you tense up, when you tense up you shake. jshelto3 has the right idea. Take a nice deep breath and press the shutter during a slow controlled exhale.

Does anyone use a shoulder strap with their tripod for carrying? My tripod has a carry bag that has a shoulder strap, but it would be a pain to put it in and out of the bag all the time. I was going to pick up an extra shoulder strap to attach to the tripod so it was much easier to carry if I was planning on using it a lot.

i just use my tripod's up/down lever thing to hook it onto my shoulder bag
if u lock it in that position its not goin anywhere till u unlock it

I'm looking into purchasing a vibration reduction/image stabilization lens for my d80 - would this be an option for you to look into?

:wink:

yah actually those work wonders
of course in-camera shake reduction is nice too :mrgreen:

I have what looks like a tabletop monopod except that you push a button and 3 wide feet spread out at the bottom for stability. The centre pole has a good circumference as well which aids support. I can put it on tables, benches, turn it sideways against walls etc.

skieur

You can carry around a plain piece of cloth to put between say a car hood or roof, or maybe a tree trunk.

Why not? It's smaller, lighter and much more easily stored than a monopod.
My monopod fits nicely on the side of my bag.
pod-2.jpg

Does anyone use a shoulder strap with their tripod for carrying? My tripod has a carry bag that has a shoulder strap, but it would be a pain to put it in and out of the bag all the time. I was going to pick up an extra shoulder strap to attach to the tripod so it was much easier to carry if I was planning on using it a lot.
Just an old strap I had laying around works for me.
pod-1.jpg

I concur totally with the monopod, I have the Velbon RUP-43 all aluminum construction and LOVE mine, wonderful for stability even when completely retracted and taking vertical shots...gives that added "grip" for camera and image stabilization!

Thats a bad idea. When you hold your breath you tense up, when you tense up you shake. jshelto3 has the right idea. Take a nice deep breath and press the shutter during a slow controlled exhale.

What i would suggest is taking the shot right between inhale/exhale. Slow the breathing down to just small calm breaths, and in between breaths take a shot. But don't hold your breath for to long, and breathing out causes your arms to move.

Most reactions

Back