What's new

Tripod blues...

Ub3rdoRK

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 28, 2009
Messages
407
Reaction score
0
Location
So Cal
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I shoot generally with a D700 sometimes gripped with a 17-35 ƒ2.8 Nikon lens and that's about it. Rarely I'll have my 70-200 on it so I think that will give me more options.

What I need:

Size...Small when collapsed say 26"? ....at MOST I mean absolutely most 30" with head attached. I like light weight so carbon fiber, unless someone can tell my why it isn't necessary.

Say 3lbs total max weight?

leg adjustments....twist or latch I dont care..Just please no metal spikes. Rubber feet only!

Im debating to get the Manfrotto Light duty grip ball head which is pictured if I can get a decent set of legs for it for what the price is I'm looking at.
Ball heads with the twist knobs aren't my favorite and pan/tilt heads are not either.

8bebc7b92d79af67a72b4787aad023de.jpg


So basically I'm looking to spend about $200 at most for the legs alone because I really want the manfrotto grip ball head which is $190. Unless you guys/gals have other options for me in a complete kit head and legs.

I feel im asking for something in the $1000 range but I know its gotta be possible.

Im open for all suggestions and ideas.
 
Last edited:
I did but I cant seem to find it on ebay still? or maybe i just suck at the internet
 
Edit...found it :D

how actually is it? I mean I've used manfrottos and a gitzo before and I just need a good set of legs...what is the thread adapter on it? standard?
 
You want something on which you can hang close to $5000 worth of gear, and you're setting a limit of $200???? May I suggest Googling the phrase "False economy"? You can get a 4 section Manfrotto 055 in CF which will meet (approximately) your requirements, but I would NOT recommend hanging a gripped D700 & 70-200 off of an RC2 plate. Look for something with an RC6 plate instead.
 
Well 70-200 is a rare occurrence. And thanks for the google reference. Much appreciated....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom