Tripod head replacement

Jimmahbee1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need to replace this head with one that fits a dslr ...does anyone know what would fit?

Attachments

• swivel-head1.jpg
    swivel-head1.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 135
You need to remove that one and determine the thread size. The most common is 3/8-16, 1/4-20 is the other.

Then purchase a head that suits your needs and rated to hold weight of your equipment.

It would help if we knew what you intend to use it for.

thank you so much for the fast response...! the problem is that this piece underneath doesnt unscrew...I need this to hold a video camera

Attachments

• base1.jpg
    base1.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 164
Never seen one like that. It may not work for you. Unless someone else has a better suggestion.

Ok well thanks anyway...cheers

thank you so much for the fast response...! the problem is that this piece underneath doesnt unscrew...I need this to hold a video camera
It HAS to come apart somehow, mate. They put it together once. I think I see a set screw in the side, so loosen/remove that, then try again. Or look for some other mechanism.

Last edited:

I think the hourglass shaped piece should unscrew from the column.
However, it may be on there TIGHT. Worst case is if they used a thread lock on the screw, then it would be much more difficult to remove.
Next problem is, you need to grip the column without marring it or denting it.

It HAS to unscrew, mate. They put it together somehow. I think I see a set screw in the side, so loosen/remove that, then try again.
It doesn't HAVE to unscrew! On some cheap tripods the head is an integral part of the column held on with a circlip and is not meant to be removed.

I really appreciate your help...I think for the price and hassle...Ill just get a new tripod...thank again...!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back