Tripod suggestion

abhishekdg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well after having Nikon D90 for a month and some shooting , I have realised that I really like to do a lot of landscape and low light/night photography . However, also realised that a good tripod is perhaps is one of the most essential equipments I need to take my landscape photography to the next level. Now the biggest question is which one? As of now i have just a 35 mm 1.8 g lens and a tamron 70-300 VC lens. But I would like to have a good entry level tripod to support both of these easily along with other heavy lenses that I might buy in the future.

Budget is not high - just about 200-250 USD.. so give me the best option I can have. Ofcourse I would like the weight of the tripod to be around or below 2 kg..

So help me out with your suggestion..

People here say they use Manfroto or Gitzo, usually. Getting one for 250$ might be possible if you take one of their heavier aluminum models (i.e. not one of these super lightweight carbon ones). Dont forget you need the tripod AND a head, though. And a warning, this is another extra 2kg or so you have to carry around (thats why I want a carbon one).

Manfrotto and Gitzo are certainly the favorites; some of the better Sunpak and Velbon models are okay as well, just make sure that you get one rated for about twice the weight of your heaviest lens/body combination.

To get the most out of your budget, go used. Only two of my five tripods have been bought new. I saw a nice Manfrotto 190 pro w/ 076 head on the local Craig's List a few days ago for $85 - an excellent saving.

Vanguard is the new kid on the block but they make a nice product.

As tirediron suggest, used can be a good buy, just be sure the legs lock and if it has a head that it works and locks in as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back