Tripods...

CMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taking a long trip out to Zion/Bryce/Canyonlands/Arches National Parks this September. I need a lightweight, compact tripod that I can put in my backpack that is...well, light, and doesn't take up much space. Any suggestions? Thanks.

http://www.pictureline.com/products/326/Manfrotto_728B_Digi_Tripod/

Have it, love it! Compact, lightweight, steady, easily opened and collapsable, and not too big collapsed. Also comes with own shoulder bag. No I don't work for bogen/manfrotto, or pictureline. It just was the best price I could find at a local merchant, actually pretty good even compared to the online dealers, that is if you're coming through salt lake on your trip.

One of the most important things to know when selecting a tripod is exactly what you are going to place on it.

A tripod selected to support a 400mm lens is going to be a WHOLE lot different than one supporting a 28mm lens.

Most of the tripods from Gitzo (expensive) and Manfrotto/Bogen (high bang for buck) are going to be good. I also like the Culmann Magic 2 but ONLY for light weight gear.

CU2722.jpg

It is full size and folds completely flat and I often have it packed inside a standard backpack.

The Cullman Magic 2 would be my pick of the ones posted, but it's impossibly out of my budget. :D

I guess I'll either get one like Mike posted, or try to do with a monopod.

Thanks for your suggestions guys!

Most reactions

Back